ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problem with 172

hi, just wondering if anyone has had the same problem or has any idea whats causing my problem.

whats happening is the stop light and handbrake light are coming on whenever the car is on an angle, whether going uphill or downhill. to start with i thought it would be brake fluid but that is fine, renault need to look at it but need it for a full day which i cant really do and they dont have any other ideas what it could be.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

133/225/CLS AMG
I had something similar with my 172 and with my previous car which was a 1.2! I had heard it was something to do with the break pads.
Having said that I also found that sometimes those lights came on after I'd let the handbrake down and I wasn't sure if the cable has stretched.

That could be completely unrelated so dont take my word for it haha :D

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Yes its your brake fluid which is low, may also be your pads as i checked all mine when this happened and my pads were completly gone! so i changed the fluid and pads and now all is fine!

cheers everyone, the brake fluid is definately ok, i havent checked the brake pads but it was only in for an mot last week and they never mentioned them, also the brakes are still braking as good as they ever did. will get them checked again though to be sure.