ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with 3GS after the 4.0 update.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Right updated yesterday and now if I go on the Internet for more than a few minutes the screen flickers then comes up with the apple logo like it's switched off and started up again. Never did this before ever pre update. Apple w*****s f**king a perfectly good thing up. Now I'm gonna have to go to Newcastle apple store and go natal on there ass.

Any 1 had similar problems?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Did you update or restore to iOS4?

I suggest you restore first.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Erm pass. Plugged it in and updated to 4.0. Why would not doing a restore just effect the Internet? Not sure how to restore either.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Press the restore button under the update one.

(May want to back up first)

I've learned to always backup and restore to a new OS, takes that bit longer but any other way and I run into all sorts of errors.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Indeed, only the luckiest of users can press upgrade and have no issues.

Always backup then restore.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Oh yeah I did back it up before I updated. I fell foul to that before and lost all my music and contacts.

S3, Polo
My 3GS has had some unusual moments since the update too.

Nothing like your restarting problem, more like an intermittent 'lag' when unlocking the phone and Safari randomly closing and returning me to the Home screen.

Shiite.

Clio
Yeah my 3G is lagging like a mofo since the update.
Plus it turns itself off and it cannot be switched back on again unless I connect it to a power supply, like a jump start. Disconnect and its back to normal apart from having to reset the date/time.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Why has no one ever told me to do the restore thing when updating, having bricked my phone 3 times!