ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with brakes on 182

182 Clio
Bought a clio 182 which needed a new engine as the cam belt had snapped, got a good deal on a 172 ph1 engine put that in and everything works fine but the brakes, I have tried changing pretty much everything and brakes aren't as they should be have been told that it could be something to do with the servo ? I haven't got a clue when it comes to things like this but could be something different on the engines vacuum?

PH2 172
Bought a clio 182 which needed a new engine as the cam belt had snapped, got a good deal on a 172 ph1 engine put that in and everything works fine but the brakes, I have tried changing pretty much everything and brakes aren't as they should be have been told that it could be something to do with the servo ? I haven't got a clue when it comes to things like this but could be something different on the engines vacuum?

Push the brake pedal and hold down ( with your foot ) before you start the engine.

Start the engine, and if the pedal is sucked down, there is nothing wrong with the servo or the vacuum pipe and its connection.

dan's cast offs.
Aren't as they should be...and the prize for vague description of the week goes to......