ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problem with clio sport 172 :(

172 SPORT BMW330CI
high i have a clio 172 02 reg car drives fine with no problems until i turn left when the car make a bad vibrating rumbling noise which actually is quite bad it only does this when i turn left with a little bit speed ie over 20mph any ideas what it is?

i have been told it is not the wheel bearing so am stuck

thanks for any info

TDI tyre shreader
Brakes, try stripping your brakes clean the points where the pads sit, mine did somthing similar to this and the pads wernt releasing properly so when i took a left hand bend the disk rubbed on the pads causing it to make a grumbling noise.

172 SPORT BMW330CI
is not a rumble noise its more a judder can feel it through the car but only when i turn left doing my head in

Wonka, I had a similar prob with my 172 a year ago mate. Slightly diff tho cos mine gave a bad shudder when going straight too, mostly when i accelerated hard. Steering wheel shook fairly bad. Then gradually did it a lower speeds with less accel. Had it looked at and it was a damaged CV joint, so got it replaced(luckily still a few weeks left on warranty). It was fine after the change.

Clio 172
Also had a similar problem, mine vibrated and almost felt as if the wheel was snatching in my hands when i cornered and on the straight. got the CV joint replaced which fixed it.

172 SPORT BMW330CI
thanks for the info i have a chance of gettin a set of drive shafts off a 182 clio done 15000 miles will they fit or will i have probs with abs sensor ??

172 SPORT BMW330CI
yes m8 checked all that going to try replacing the drive shafts but need to no if 182 driveshafts will just go straight on or will i get prob with abs anyone no??

wonka said:
yes m8 checked all that going to try replacing the drive shafts but need to no if 182 driveshafts will just go straight on or will i get prob with abs anyone no??
182 driveshafts won't fit there different lenght.

BLACK 197!!
have a look at the strut tops aswell mine does the same thing and my mates work for reno they both say its common fault they need to ground down a lil bit.