ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with Loose wheel nuts

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
for some reason since changing my front pads the passenger wheel nuts are loosening themselves after about 20 miles or so - i only noticed when i heard a horrible noise when i stopped accelerating (but not braking) .... anyone know what causes this problem ???? :(

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
they dont look damaged. They go on fine without any resistance ... when i got out from work tonight i literally could of undone them with my hands ..... its still on original disks

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
This usually happens if the wheels get refurbed/repainted. The holes on the alloys that the bolts go into should have no paint where the taper of the bolt sits.

titanium 182,
if the bolt holes have gone slightly oval from being loose then you will have to replace the wheels and bolts as they will keep coming loose