ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem With Sprayed Badge ..

Clio 1.2 Expression
Hi I sprayed my diamond a few months ago .. did all the usual steps, but now my badge has started to get cracks in the paint like its been shattered. Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks.

To be honest, these diamonds need keying really well, the coating on them isnt paint is a form of chrome plating, thus it needs a metal primer not a plastic primer. Here we use a very very fine compound in a sand blasting cabinet on low pressures then a metal etching primer, followed by a 2K primer, then sanded again with flatting compound before cleaning and painting.

Whenever you do a diamond you want to key all the small areas, use some scotch bright its much easier to get it keyed.....

Clio 1.2 Expression
Yep laquered aswell .. i will redo using a metal primer and see how that goes. Thanks for the help!!