ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with the 182

Clio 172 Cup
Okay ill try best to describe this as best as i can or what ive been told to write lol

My car started to have very "ropey" handling and pulled slightly into the left.

So my bf checked the alignment at his work which it was slightly out. So after a reset off i went.

the car still didnt feel 100% correct. Today after driving with again unsteerable driving decided to check alignment again which again it was out. So after another reajustment took it a test drive and still ropey. I then noticed when cornering the traction control light would be flickering on. This is even at 60mph when cornering.

I no when this would kick in that it slows the car down and power so maybe contributing to ropey handling. I tried turning the traction control of and again just the same.

My bf checked for any play in the wheels and everything seemed nice and tight, all fluids checked also.

Now constantly the car will now drive with the traction control light on in the dash and the ser light constantly on.

The car was serviced about 4-5 months ago.

Could there be a bad earth somewhere tricking this on, im confused :S

Thanks for reading folks :D

Kirsty

BMW 118d
i had a familier issue with mine...i had abs light serv light and traction control light on, i adjusted the brake pedal switch and that seemed to cure it. worth a check.

Clio 172 Cup
i had a familier issue with mine...i had abs light serv light and traction control light on, i adjusted the brake pedal switch and that seemed to cure it. worth a check.

Thanks for the reply,

what about the abs earths? could one be broke?

Kirsty :D

BMW 118d
it wont be broke, could be worth cleaning with some wet n dry as they get rusty n crappy etc. does the ABS light come on and go out when car started as normal?

Civic Type S GT
Check your ball joints! Sounds like what happend to mine and they were loose, after tightening them up went back to place were I got my tracking done, they tracked it again for free and bobs your uncle, no problems!