ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problem with trip computer

'51, 172
everytime i get in my car after its been turned off a few hours the computer has reset everything back to zero. (except the total mileage:() can i do owt to stop this happening?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The cold weather affects batteries . Mine does this when it's around 2 degrees or lower , when the weather warms up it doesn't do it .

But it is a sign that the battery's getting old and due for a change in the near future .

DMS

A thirsty 172
Just thought I'd add my 2 bob's worth.
Mine was doing this as well.
Brought a brand new battery today, drove 20 miles or so, stopped the car for a few hours, came back to it and the trip computer hasn't reset. Drove home again. Car's been stood still since 7:30pm, just been out to it and the trip still hasn't reset.
Beforehand it'd reset if the engine was off for more than 10 minutes.
I'll see for definite in the morning, but I'm pretty sure the problem is resolved. :)