ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem with washer jets - MK2 Clio (52)

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I'm having some trouble with the washers on my girlfriends 52 Plate Clio.

The front washers are working, however they are extremely weak and practically dribble out. The rear simply do not work at all.

Firstly, I replaced the washer jets all round - This made no difference what so ever.
Secondly, I've just replaced the washer pump - This again has made no difference.

When I replaced the jets I took the hoses off and tested it just to check for any blockages in the hoses. The water came through so I don't believe they are blocked. However like I say when I connect the hoses back to the jets they do bugger all. I can't have purchase 3 dodgy washer jets surely?

Any ideas?... :banghead:

Is the bung in the washer bottle (where the pump sits into) clear? It might be full of crap which would cause a slight blockage

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
Is the bung in the washer bottle (where the pump sits into) clear? It might be full of crap which would cause a slight blockage

Just checked that too...
ara4eza8.jpg

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I would replace the pump...it might sound okay, but if the bit isn't 100% and there isn't crap in the jet outlet, then I would replace it. Remember it is 12 years old (pretty much) and has probably seen some action. I've just replaced both on my 54 plate 182 and it works brilliantly, whereas before it made the noise, but nothing else and was trickling out...:(

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
I would replace the pump...it might sound okay, but if the bit isn't 100% and there isn't crap in the jet outlet, then I would replace it. Remember it is 12 years old (pretty much) and has probably seen some action. I've just replaced both on my 54 plate 182 and it works brilliantly, whereas before it made the noise, but nothing else and was trickling out...:(

I've already replaced the pump. That was today's job but like I said it hasn't help :(

Its really bugging me now! Lol