ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem within 2 hours of ownership

Well its been an epic saga, the car that was estimated to arrive mid to late October arrived today after several delays and a lot of chasing New car discount.com . First impressions were fantastic of a tight, well built and solid motor.

Then came the first niggle, driving down dual carriageway I was adjusting things and getting comfy, thought I could do with a bit more leg room so slid seat back and "bump" dash lights up like the xmas tree in our front room. :mad: Luckily having spent many hours on here I knew exactly what it was so pulled over gave the wires under seat a jiggle, turned engine off and on hey presto!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Barnsleylad on 15 December 2003

Well its been an epic saga, the car that was estimated to arrive mid to late October arrived today after several delays and a lot of chasing New car discount.com...
They finally came through for you then :D

Ahem...why are you posting here when you should be running it in...;)

To be honest I was really nervous at first :oops: (arnt we all). Got paranoid that people were driving too close to me .

Temp gauge also says -4c so dont fancy sliding into a lampost just yet.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the airbag light is caused by a poor connection in the connector blocks under the front seats.there is a mod where you replace the connectors with soldered joints,see you local dealer.

I played with the wires under the passanger seat and the light went off, if the seat moves it comes back on again.

So i tell me passengers that if they want an airbag, incase i crash, then dont dare move the seat.

Funnily enough they dont!:)

not a clio anymore

Had the same problem. It only seemed to appear when the passenger seat was as far back as possible (cable slightly too short maybe). If I move it forward by one step, it was fine.