ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems locking a 172

Had major problems with the 172 on Thursday night the central locking went nuts I couldnt lock the car as the locking was constantly cycling itself regardless of weather the engine was on/off I was driving along or if the doors were open. I couldnt even lock it as when I pressed the remote the car would unlock itself and then relock etc

I called out the AA to see if they could do anything as I couldnt lock it and dont have a garage to store it in over night, lucky it seemed to stop and has been fine since. The bloke from the AA was great had a look on the system to see if if is a known problem he checked the fuse box for water marks but nothing.

I had washed the car earlier in the day and he thinks water has got in maybe via the windows seals - Anyone else had this problem.

The AA bloke said to take it back to Renault to have a look he said that knowing Renault there solution will be to tell you not to wash the car again.