ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problems wiring up sub?!

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
hey all, need some insparation! ok, ive got an old sub and amp i wanted to put into the gf's car. ok, ive wired it all up and checked it, however still not working???
do i need to wire somthing to this....(prob a stoopid question)
DSC00394.jpg

ph1-mk1-1.4, white
I would suggest from that picture that the phono leads are the wrong way around, i always use red as positive/right.

Is there also an earth point on that pic, with no wire attached to it. Hidden behind the phono leads.

I am no expert!!

Others will help more hopefully

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
i switched around the phonos tho so thats not the problem, ground is in place too so i realli dont know! tis getting on my nerves, never had that many probs fitting in a sub!

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
i switched around the phonos tho so thats not the problem, ground is in place too so i realli dont know! tis getting on my nerves, never had that many probs fitting in a sub!

Rsport182Cup'd
What is on the other side, although that says input there should be wires on speaker output,
just make sure as well that you have got a 12v live to the remote

you should have
12v + RED

ov - BLACK

Swithced 12V + (usually Blue)

if you not got a remote wire and just want to check it works before feeding one down loop a wire from 12v red into the remote, (this will leave the amp perm on so can flatten battery if left in this method better to use remote if poss, if need more help take a pic of other side as well, so i can see other terminials

Rsport182Cup'd
sounds daft now but check these things:
  • get a multimeter and check you got the 12V at red to black and blue to black
  • check that 25 amp fuse on amp
  • run it with out bridgin at min see if any difference
just want to clarify that it is a power failure to amp and not a blown sub

hope it helps....keep me posted

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
hmm, there a lil hitch to that, i havent got multimeter! but when i took it off my dads car yesterday it was in good working order! 25amp fuse is fine, and there is 12v at red...ill try unbridged....hold on

TT
I assume its the amp that not working? (its not on i mean) you sure power cable is securely attached, grounding is in a suitable place? and that fuse hasnt gone?

silly i know, but simple things some people leave out

I had posted this during you writing that.....

Cupra K1 & Clio 200
ok...lil update, unbridged dont work. checked both fuses, there fine. the ground is secure and suitable! i realli dont know now! ill double check it in a min, im sure im just missing something!

Polo + Micra
i'd triple check the earth

i used an earth point that i saw as suitable but i got the low voltage input light come on the amp

one way to check is to hold a piece of wire on the bolt where you grounded it to the car and dab it on other bits of metal in the back. if it sparks it's a bad earth