ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems with google chrome?

Megane dci 130
Anyone else had problems browsing this forum with chrome in the last month or so?

Its been just loading when clicking on links, tryed re installing and on another computer?

Any thoughts?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Your problem is you are not using Mozilla Firefox.

In order to solve your issue, open up a new tab in Google Chrome and click this link

Install, and re open and the forum (and the rest of the net) will be fine.

Hope I helped.

Bus w**ker
No problems here, I moved from the s**t that is Firefox years ago and wouldn't go back.

GTD, Lupo
My sister has had a simular issue. I had a go at trying to fix it but its got some massive issues. The best result i had was putting it in no sandbox mode, which just disables all the chrome security settings.

This is not advised by google.

Last edited:

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
None at all.

Chrome>all other browses. Firefox is only good if Chrome hasn't been installed.

Safari is solid. Chrome is ok but often spasses out. Rendering bugs FTL.

Why start it up? Just don't quit it. I can't remember the last time I restarted my mac.

LY 182
Firefox for me. Chrome doesn't work as nicely with my Mac as FF does. (Couple gestures + 1Password integration).

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Everything is fine for me, except on Facebook. When I click on notifications nothing happens.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Chrome - eww. Makes me laugh at work when certain members of staff 'insist' that a new release of software will only work with Chrome. We install it for them and then the rest of their crap doesn't work. Uninstall Chrome and everything's peachy again - even when going back to a later version of IE. They will get there in the end, but I wouldn't touch it with yours at the minute.

Firefox all the way. In fact, a fresh install of my home Win7 x64 machine occurred today - Firefox 5.0 went straight onto it.

D.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Was using safari but for some reason it started lagging a bit so swapped to chrome, it's much quicker to start up but few niggles with ease of use, still using it the most at the moment.

Used Firefox for a long time ages ago but it has always been slow and memory consuming on every machine I've used it on.

I tried Chrome again. Still has the same bugs. Trashcan.

Tried Firefox again and quickly remembered that it doesn't actually do anything unless you download a hundred add-ons. Trashcan.

Back to Safari. Case closed.