ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problems with ITB's

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
right, now there are a few things which aren't correct yet, like the car is not running the correct map, but if anyone can shed some light on these problems i would be very grateful......

firstly, got the car started and running, was sounding lumpy and number 1 trumpet was sparking/flaming. so i borrowed a flow guage (or whatever the technical term is) and checked it. number 1 showed 10kg/hr and the other 3 were around 6 or 7. so i adjusted number 1 to 6kg and then checked the others. all seemed ok until i tried to rev it using the pedal, the engine would just bog down and nearly die. so we turned it off and scratched our heads for a bit. went to re-start it and it would barely crank over, like there was loads of compression, stopping the starter from turning the engine one full revolution.

we left it for the day and came back the next to see if we could make any sense of it. i decided to start from scratch and so closed all the adjuster screws, then wound out the main adjuster slightly, again it wouldnt start so wound it out a bit more, then with a bit of throttle it fired up. so again i adjusted them all to 6kg/hr, starting with number 3 as you are supposed to. again it wouldnt rev at all on the pedal, however if i twisted the TPS sensor by hand i could raise and lower the revs and it wouldn't bog down. again we turned it off, and again it wouldnt re-start, the starter would barely turn it over one whole revolution. this time no matter what i did i could not get it to start, and this is where i am at now.

now the map on the omex is for another engine, i highly tuned one using higher rated injectors, and i am using standard injectors, could this be a reason why it bogs down when revved using the pedal? ie chucking too much fuel in?

but what could be causing it not to crank over? compression? or is it a totally un-related issue?

confused and dis-heartened is what i feel at the moment lol :dapprove:

oh i have a video of what it does when revved using the pedal, and of the inlets sparking etc, will put that up soon

ITB'd MK1
if the map is for bigger injectors it will be very lean on standard ones. You also need to setup the TPS range, you can't just move it about. Every time you change the balance, you need to re-zero the TPS by keying off then on (assuming auto zero is active)

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
right i have a standard map from k-tec, if i get that loaded onto my ecu will that have its own range set up for the TPS? or will that need adjusting while its on the car and running?

ITB'd MK1
it should be close enough to get you going, but you can see what the numbers are if you're plugged in. If TPS raw is ~35 at zero throttle, set min to 45, then see what 100% throttle TPS raw is and match it as max