ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems with your UCH? Look here.

Z4
I've recently been having car issues with indicators constantly flashing when not supposed to, and the same for windows.

Got the clio into a garage to see what they thought, needs a new UCH (control box), reformatting and fitting for my car = £600...jog on!

Spoke to a friend of mine who had the same issue and he highly recommended this place: http://www.bba-reman.com/

I tried them out, and they sorted me out for £135, I love my car again :)

Please sticky this as it's a common problem and previously I found pish all help on the subject! Thankyou.

Z4
I take it this isn't being stickied then?

It would be extremely beneficial to anyone suffering from similar issues.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Some more info on how in particular they sorted you out would be good mate: did you go to them, or did they do something via postal service for you, etc?

I've got my car booked in to get the UCH sorted in a few weeks at a cost of around £300. Would be good to know of the cheaper alternative...

Z4
Some more info on how in particular they sorted you out would be good mate: did you go to them, or did they do something via postal service for you, etc?

I've got my car booked in to get the UCH sorted in a few weeks at a cost of around £300. Would be good to know of the cheaper alternative...

No worries.

There's a phone number on the website, that's your best bet for contacting them.

It's up to you how it gets delivered, I opted for the courier service they provide, iirc it was included in the £130 price. I had had mine delivered and fixed within 7 days of the phone call.

They give you a call if it's repairable or not, if it isn't you will be charged £30 which to be fair isn't too bad.

Any more questions, just ask mate! I'm proper chuffed with the service I received.

182, SQ7, Trafic
Every now and again when I get in the car the hazards turn on but the switch is off, all i need to do is turn them on then off, Cheaper than £130 :)

Or is this another problem? lol?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Could be connected, but there are far worse problems with the UCH...

With mine, it's mainly my wipers. They'll just randomly stop working which, when it's hammering down, is a bit dangerous!

So, do you post the UCH to them, they see if they can repair and then send back?

Z4
Could be connected, but there are far worse problems with the UCH...

With mine, it's mainly my wipers. They'll just randomly stop working which, when it's hammering down, is a bit dangerous!

So, do you post the UCH to them, they see if they can repair and then send back?

The problems I had were making it undrivable hence I needed to get it fixed.

Get them to sort out the courier mate, far easier for a few extra quid. Call them, tell them your address, sort out a collection time, sorted!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Cheers mate, how long is the turnaround? When it goes into the garage I'll have a courtesy car as I'll need one for work. If I can't drive the car for a week or so then that could be a problem...

Z4
Cheers mate, how long is the turnaround? When it goes into the garage I'll have a courtesy car as I'll need one for work. If I can't drive the car for a week or so then that could be a problem...

As said pal, they're pretty damn quick, should be 3-5 working days.

Wish this info was available a few months ago.

I had to have a new UCH due to my right indicator being constantly on and never canceling off. Not sure exactly how much it set me back because I had other work done as well but it was in the region of £350-£380.

Edit: Just noticed the date it was originally posted.

Z4
Wish this info was available a few months ago.

I had to have a new UCH due to my right indicator being constantly on and never canceling off. Not sure exactly how much it set me back because I had other work done as well but it was in the region of £350-£380.

Edit: Just noticed the date it was originally posted.

..this is the reason I wanted the thread stickied, even wrote it in bold!

It's a common crappy problem with clios, and can be extremely expensive to fix. I searched for info for ages with no luck, was fortunate I was a mate who told me of the company.

Fitting the Uch is easy enough, if you're uber cack handed get someone else to do it, they wont charge much, but it's nothing your average Joe can't master tbh, it's just a little bit awkward with your head in the footwell working upside down lol.

it was ;)

Just wasnt stickied!!! :(

I know, I just noticed the date after I'd posted lol.

..this is the reason I wanted the thread stickied, even wrote it in bold!

It's a common crappy problem with clios, and can be extremely expensive to fix. I searched for info for ages with no luck, was fortunate I was a mate who told me of the company.

Fitting the Uch is easy enough, if you're uber cack handed get someone else to do it, they wont charge much, but it's nothing your average Joe can't master tbh, it's just a little bit awkward with your head in the footwell working upside down lol.

Yeah, I was even looking at trying to get a 2nd hand UCH and fitting it myself but what I was told several times is it's not just a plug and play job. Apparently it needs coding to your car, hence the reason I let Renault do the job.

Oh well expensive lesson learnt.