ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems

Just bought a new car 02 reg Clio
I have a laundry list of problems that I would like to work my way through so help would be appreciated.
The first two I would like to resolve are:

I have found that under acceleration the car pulls to the right! Upon lifting off it immediately pulls back to the left? Any ideas? I'm going to have it tracked and see if that helps at all.

Central locking:
The key will not open or lock the car
The button inside the car will not open or lock the car
The boot will not lock
Where should I start looking?

Are cheap eBay ones good enough or should I use dealer parts? I was going to replace the drop links and track rod ends!

CursedTitanium 182FF
For the Track Rod End go to Euro Car Parts and get the Lemforder ones, part numbers: 606745285 / 606745275
Have you tried pressing and holding in the button on the dash? Does it beep?

CursedTitanium 182FF
Unsure on the locking issue sorry, could be all manner of things and I'd just be guessing.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
RE the pulling. Jack the car up and hold the wheel at 12 and 6 and try to wobble it, same at 3 and 9.

It could be the Track Rods, but I suspect more likely a worn ball joint.

Can't help with the CL issues, check the fuses though.

I will do that this weekend, I plan on taking it to my garage and getting it on axle stands for for a better inspection!