ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Car

I fancy myself a cheap fast project car... Found an UNO Turbo of all things with 117k miles but its got a 1500 mile old turbo, FSH!, just needs some minor work done for MOT i.e. Windscreen and some new tyres.

The car is only 500 quid for quick sale but I reckon the owner would take 400 quid...

Any1 think of any other cheap project cars? I thought about te R5 GT but unless you spend some serious money you are always gonna get a sh*tter :D

not always the case, yes mint ones are hard to find but you can still get good ones for sensible money, you want to find the kind that is owned by someone a bit more mature who has had it for years, my mate found a mint h plate one in tungsten grey for 1400 that was owned from new and had a fsh, the bloke who owned it was in his early 50s and had had bought it in his late 30s so it was a good un abused example. if you really fancy one and dont mind waiting and searching you can still find good uns

Yeah I htink I might wait till the right car comes up... Dont wanna do much 2 it... Just thought i would be good to get a standard turbo hatch, strip it and do some light fettling!

Quote: Originally posted by 16Valves on 18 October 2003
Found an UNO Turbo of all things with 117k miles but its got a 1500 mile old turbo, FSH!,

got the same coming myself mate, very good project, only issue is handling, with coileovers the handling is just about acceptable

170 bhp is easily attainable

A cheap uno turbo will defo bring a smile to your face, just like a R5 turbo, including being temperamental but load of fun

Hmmm AX GT, sounds farmiliar!! Yeah they are loads of fun even though they are no super fast, 9 secs to 60,not bad for a 1360cc 8v, you get a twinn choke carb, and when that second choke comes in you get a lovely roar and a good bit of acceleration, especially in 2nd. They can rust badly (french!!), mine has some rust in front of the rear wheel, behind the headlights and in the boot, none of which is structual but is annoying. Leccy windows is about as LUX as it gets though. Ive got PI shocks and AVO springs on mine,corners like its on rails!! and looooow at the back (90mm drop).Pretty good little cars, can get them for about £500 for a fair one, but around a grand for a nice one!