ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
bbd84c745205c66dbda8b2e7915480a2.jpg

Playseat challenge cheap and cheerful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have the G29?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
What a PITA. Shadowplay's audio seems to be stupidly quiet with Project Cars. Regardless, I've just found the kart tracks!

OH, AND THE f**king MOUSE SHOWS UP? b****cks!

Just got this, WTF is wrong with some of the cars, the FRS for example bounces when turning the wheels even when stationary and in the GT3 porker around Brands it changes gear up, up, up, down, down, up...buggy as hell and unplayable at times.

Listerine & Poledo
in the GT3 porker around Brands it changes gear up, up, up, down, down, up...buggy as hell and unplayable at times.
Are you playing it with Automatic gears?
If so, uninstall and get Real Racing on your iPad instead :p
;)

Listerine & Poledo
Hahah ya dick! Set-up manual gears last night but didn't give them a go, will try it out later. It awful in auto...

Until they release a DLC for the "motorway 600" endurance series, there's no call for an Automatic mode in any racing games. Hell, even the staunchest DSG fanboy will still demand they have paddles to help them pretend they are doing something more involved than steering. ;)

Listerine & Poledo
I actually can't play racing games in Automatic.
In this game I'll often put in recon. laps with barely 4k revs on, until I get to grips with the circuit.
And for the big-power cars I prefer to be in a higher gear to be able to better control the wheelspin.

Bare in mind that I'm only using a control pad

I actually can't play racing games in Automatic.
In this game I'll often put in recon. laps with barely 4k revs on, until I get to grips with the circuit.
And for the big-power cars I prefer to be in a higher gear to be able to better control the wheelspin.

Bare in mind that I'm only using a control pad
Just done Brands GP in 1:23 in the Zonda R set to manual. Didn't save my time on time trail but I didn't go of track.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hahah ya dick! Set-up manual gears last night but didn't give them a go, will try it out later. It awful in auto...
Yeah - don't go for auto m8 - they have the awareness of a blind sloth, fingering its own hoop. You might get the next gear in the next second or a week next Thursday.

I actually find the auto box more of a pain for not downshifting enough - or keeping the engine in gear long enough - dependent upon the track. Made worse when you have a forced fed engine and the torque gets dumped when you least want it!

I had a bit of indulgent spend earlier in order to add a bit more feel into my G25 pedals. Hopefully the set will feel a bit more 'resistant' now. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/GTEYE-Complete-Pedal-Spring-Upgrade-for-LOGITECH-G25-G27-G29-G920-Racing-Wheel/161713422412?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&_trksid=p5197.c100068.m2280&_trkparms=ao=1&asc=20140211125758&meid=b446275e8deb40fab6e8f64948c9f1bb&pid=100068&clkid=213430101233787117&_qi=RTM2108002

Yeah - don't go for auto m8 - they have the awareness of a blind sloth, fingering its own hoop. You might get the next gear in the next second or a week next Thursday.

I actually find the auto box more of a pain for not downshifting enough - or keeping the engine in gear long enough - dependent upon the track. Made worse when you have a forced fed engine and the torque gets dumped when you least want it!

I had a bit of indulgent spend earlier in order to add a bit more feel into my G25 pedals. Hopefully the set will feel a bit more 'resistant' now. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/GTEYE-Complete-Pedal-Spring-Upgrade-for-LOGITECH-G25-G27-G29-G920-Racing-Wheel/161713422412?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&_trksid=p5197.c100068.m2280&_trkparms=ao=1&asc=20140211125758&meid=b446275e8deb40fab6e8f64948c9f1bb&pid=100068&clkid=213430101233787117&_qi=RTM2108002
I seriously need a decent wheel and stand. Keep seeing them going on ebay, might sell my Oz f1s to fund or put a swap thread up, lol.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I seriously need a decent wheel and stand. Keep seeing them going on ebay, might sell my Oz f1s to fund or put a swap thread up, lol.
It's night and day difference having a wheel - it honestly is. Get the feedback setup right and you can feel when the front end is getting light or you cut across the rumble strips. As you've probably seen in the options menu of Project Cars, it supports plenty of wheels right out of the box. From there, you can tweak away to your hearts content. A lot of the slider bars for bias and feedback, I don't even know what they mean - lol.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
It's night and day difference having a wheel - it honestly is. Get the feedback setup right and you can feel when the front end is getting light or you cut across the rumble strips. As you've probably seen in the options menu of Project Cars, it supports plenty of wheels right out of the box. From there, you can tweak away to your hearts content. A lot of the slider bars for bias and feedback, I don't even know what they mean - lol.

Looking forward to having a play with mine.

Not had a console since i was 16, i'm 28 now lol.

Clio 172 cup
Just got project cars on PS4... looking into getting a wheel/pedal setup. What do most people go for without spending stupid money?

SQ5

PlayStation or Xbox? I bought one and haven't used it really, and don't have time so could do with selling.

Basically brand new and only used a few times with a wheel stand too.

G920 for Xbox One

Listerine & Poledo
I'd so love a full wheel & Pedals setup.

But I suspect it'll only highlight, in even greater clarity, that I can't drive