ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

RS Clio 182
Helmet cam but with the helmet & blur turned off. I love the 'look to apex' feature,it improves my cornering as i do that with my head in real life hehe.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, although cars that have less steering lock IRL will match up.

Basically 1:1 rotation.

Cool, just making sure i have mine set right. When you calibrate it, the first bit you turn the wheel all the way to the left/right and then the second bit you turn it left/right until it reads 900. That right?

DCi
if i am right i think there used to be a pcars time trial thread on here and i killed it by saying we should do suzuka in the wet with the F1 car that has the nuts turbo.

lets not to that again

looking at my vid i look a mile away from some apexs but its so long since ive played pcars i dont know if i can get any more over the curbs.

i doubt i will have time to do any more times but ill get the wheel out again for the coming challenges.

PS as a suggestion - the other thing that kills this is when someone on here is a f**king alien and beats us by .5 of a second every week and they are the only one that gets the choices :rasp:

mk1 Octavia VRS
if i am right i think there used to be a pcars time trial thread on here and i killed it by saying we should do suzuka in the wet with the F1 car that has the nuts turbo.

lets not to that again

looking at my vid i look a mile away from some apexs but its so long since ive played pcars i dont know if i can get any more over the curbs.

i doubt i will have time to do any more times but ill get the wheel out again for the coming challenges.

PS as a suggestion - the other thing that kills this is when someone on here is a f**king alien and beats us by .5 of a second every week and they are the only one that gets the choices :tongueclosed:

Lotus 98T?! That thing is bonkers. With the boost turned down it's a bit more driveable, but with it turned up to max it's even more insane. Lag, lag, lag, lag.... redline, spin, crash!

Not sure if there was an old TT thread on here but I've only got the game fairly recently. Yeah I agree going for difficult to handle cars will probably reduce the numbers - in the TT thread I've suggested keeping car & track choice fairly sensible, that way as many people can join in as possible.

Good suggestion about one person winning every time... if that happens then we'll let someone else choose (the person in last?!).

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Lotus 98T?! That thing is bonkers. With the boost turned down it's a bit more driveable, but with it turned up to max it's even more insane. Lag, lag, lag, lag.... redline, spin, crash!

Not sure if there was an old TT thread on here but I've only got the game fairly recently. Yeah I agree going for difficult to handle cars will probably reduce the numbers - in the TT thread I've suggested keeping car & track choice fairly sensible, that way as many people can join in as possible.

Good suggestion about one person winning every time... if that happens then we'll let someone else choose (the person in last?!).
The 98T cracks me up - I actually managed one lap of the 'Ring without losing that thing once.

Granted, my time was god-awful - but I did it! The lag on that thing is/was insane.

Clio 182 Trophy
Just ordered a G920 for the xbox for Project Cars and f1 2016 in the black Friday deals at currys. any set up tips for when it gets delivered tomorrow?

Goliath I
Just ordered a G920 for the xbox for Project Cars and f1 2016 in the black Friday deals at currys. any set up tips for when it gets delivered tomorrow?
Just seen it now, only bought the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 nonFB wheel about two months ago damn it!

SQ5
I'm tempted to sell my G920 and wheelstand if anybody wants one for an Xbox. It's almost brand new and used a couple of times. Have all boxes etc...

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Done another couple of enduros lately. Love the dirt buildup.
20161230200849_1.jpg

20170101015059_1.jpg

Epic game.

Listerine & Poledo
My next part in career is....

a 24hr around bathurst in an Aston Martin....

Well, that escalated quickly

Evo 5 RS
I've managed a few top 5 and 10 spots with a PS4 controller on PC lol. And that's with manual gearing and all assists off besides ABS

Listerine & Poledo
I've managed a few top 5 and 10 spots with a PS4 controller on PC lol. And that's with manual gearing and all assists off besides ABS
I leave traction on when using a pad. Gauging out 700hp over a shoulder-trigger can be very much a leap of faith....sideways....into the fence.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

I did xbox controller with all assists off and manual. The trigger rumble makes it though does the ps4 pad do the same?

Is this worth considering to play with a pad?

Just takes a bit of getting used to and adjustments in the settings and its pretty good imo.

Isn't this game supposed to be realistic? It's worse than forza. I couldn't even get round a corner in a megan rs at 60mph. At no throttle it just understeers straight on.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Isn't this game supposed to be realistic? It's worse than forza. I couldn't even get round a corner in a megan rs at 60mph. At no throttle it just understeers straight on.

The megane rs is one of the worst cars in the game tbf. Pad pr wheel? I agree Forza is better with a pad but switching between them takes hours of practice to adjust to the difference is physics. Both feel good once you get used to them but I prefer Forza due to lack of tyre temp issues with a pad and a few other differences.

Really? Wow I was thinking the megan would be a corner weapon. That's the only actual car I've tried. I'm still on season 2 of karts, which are kinda fun but I want to get on to the super cars

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I bought this and sent it back within an hour, tried tweaking the controls and the cars are just all over the place. Driving an R500 Caterham and if the back lets go at all, there's just no saving it at all. Maybe it's somehow different using a wheel, but looking on Youtube and looking at drift videos and the physics just don't look right (having to edit car setup to make cars go sideways).

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I bought this and sent it back within an hour, tried tweaking the controls and the cars are just all over the place. Driving an R500 Caterham and if the back lets go at all, there's just no saving it at all. Maybe it's somehow different using a wheel, but looking on Youtube and looking at drift videos and the physics just don't look right (having to edit car setup to make cars go sideways).

The physics are crap once the back steps out. It's not realistic, as you say. But if you're trying to drive cleanly it's more than acceptable. If you want to go sideways (or cleanly for that matter) then the best sim is still LFS.

Likewise, I highly suspect that if you were at the wheel of a 350bhp Ginetta on rain tyres, and you popped the clutch whilst redlining it in first, it should probably spin the wheels at least a little bit.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The physics are crap once the back steps out. It's not realistic, as you say. But if you're trying to drive cleanly it's more than acceptable. If you want to go sideways (or cleanly for that matter) then the best sim is still LFS.

Likewise, I highly suspect that if you were at the wheel of a 350bhp Ginetta on rain tyres, and you popped the clutch whilst redlining it in first, it should probably spin the wheels at least a little bit.

Totally. It's probably just not the game I'm looking for.

I loved Forza 1, 2 and 3. Mainly because they gave the impression of good physics, while being designed to play through a controller. Once you plugged a wheel in it became apparent it wasn't a good sim. It was just a good game!

Don't think there's anything similar on PS4 at this point is there?

Listerine & Poledo
It's a racing game, not a Fast/Furious/NFS snapback-vaping drift-king simulator.

That said, I leave all the stabilisers on when I play Project Cars, because on a pad there is no hope of being able to meter out fine amounts of throttle/brake/corrective lock to keep an Indycar on the grey around Cadwell.

Evo 5 RS
Asetto is better. PROVIDING you have a wheel. The physics and FFB out of the box feel much more realistic. PCars if you have a pad.

I play PC with a pad and have zero issues now I've changed the steering sensitivity right down as in default its far to twitchy, I'd love to have a go with a decent wheel though.