ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

Yeah. I don't want to drive like an idiot ploughing the fields constantly, thoughtlessly attacking corners. That's not my issue.
Its just went your really pressing on and doing well setting a lovely lap time, clip the grass slightly and all the efforts to waste.

If 1 or 2 tyres touch the grass it's invalid, bit harsh.... to me it should be if 4 tyres make contact. So your actually Off track, and or trying to cut a corner out etc. That would be fair.
Its difficult enough trying to keep it between the lines with the controller issues! Lol. Without the pressure of the touch the grass and your out rule.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
I did Silverstone in the Clio Cup last night, bad move as I jumped straight into the race having done the practice and qualifier on Tuesday. It didn't work out too good.

Oulton was next, managed to qualify about 1.5 seconds quicker than the AI so went back to the menu and bumped up the difficulty to 100. Lost first place on the starting lap (keep forgetting that the tyres are pre warmed), managed to "overtake" him after a few more (i.e go through druids side by side with a bit of contact) and kept the lead until the second to last lap. Went off slightly, finished 3rd. :(

Started the second race aiming for first again, pitted as soon as I could. Driving out of the pit lane it started pissing down. :down:

So I'm gonna try that one again and make sure I look at the weather lol.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
In all fairness mine doesn't invalidate the lap for 2 tyres and I've got it on pro everything hmmm, xbox or ps4?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
In all fairness mine doesn't invalidate the lap for 2 tyres and I've got it on pro everything hmmm, xbox or ps4?

Same I need all 4 tyres on the grass to invalidate and set mine to pro also. Xbox here. You can have the car way off track on some corners with a wide curb etc as long as the 4 wheels don't touch grass.

Anyone tried the P1 round the ring? Absolute shite. Bottoms out like f**k and I've tried tuning raising bump stops etc and still bottoms out. Good fun though.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Got this last night on Xbox one.

Really enjoying it.

Can notice on some tracks though quite a drop in frame rates!

Changing the controller settings seems a right pain, it does not like me trying to change gear up and down to X and B.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Same I need all 4 tyres on the grass to invalidate and set mine to pro also. Xbox here. You can have the car way off track on some corners with a wide curb etc as long as the 4 wheels don't touch grass.

Anyone tried the P1 round the ring? Absolute shite. Bottoms out like f**k and I've tried tuning raising bump stops etc and still bottoms out. Good fun though.

I tried the P1 on Californian Coast, Awful. Also I tried the Jap track... Its a rip of Suzuka lol

Clio Sport 172
Got this last night on Xbox one.

Really enjoying it.

Can notice on some tracks though quite a drop in frame rates!

Changing the controller settings seems a right pain, it does not like me trying to change gear up and down to X and B.

I had that issue, default setting uses X to look behind which i didn't reassign. I set look behind from X to left bumper, Kers from B to right bumper leaving X & B free to change gear. Hope that helps

DCi
I agree with the idea that cutting the corners too much is bad but if you dont do it someone else will get a faster time so if you cant beat them, join them

i find it seems to be 4 wheels over the curb otherwise it doesnt invalidate it which is fair enough I guess.... you can take loooooads of curb coming out of corners though

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Anyone tried this wheel for Xbone?

Also, it's a shame they haven't set up the game to work with Smartglass. Would be cool to be able to use it for additional telemetry etc... Like the PC apps do.
It's got no force feedback, bit pointless tbh.

It's a shame there aren't any reasonable wheels, had the logitech one for gt6, and adds another dimension. The force feedback really does give you an idea of what the cars doing.

Fiesta ST
Been going round Cadwell Park tonight, managed to get to the top of the leaderboard on PS4, not my cleanest lap but just couldn't put a full lap together, I reckon a 1:20 is doable over next few days. The zonda is such a handful over the bumps though!

image_1.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Tried the Zonda last night, what a beast! How do you see those leaderboards? Or is that one of the challenges that expire after a week etc?

SQ5
Finally managed some progress last night after a lot of setting changes. If anybody is still struggling on xbone/controller try these settings. I've tested them on Dubai Autodrome and Laguna Seca with the R8 V10 - Clio Cup - Merc 190E DTM - Ginetta Junior - Focus RS and it's made a big difference for me, R8 is now drivable and the others behave much more predictably.

Steering Deadzone - 0
Steering sensitivity - 10
Throttle Dz - 10
Throttle Snz - 30
Brake Dz - 10
Brake Snz - 15
Clutch Dz - 10
Clutch Snz - 45
Speed Snz - 80
Controller filtering - 0
Feedback - 100
Input -3
Advanced -off

Also check in game play menu that the assists are off for steering and brake and the driving assists are set to real, hope it helps

Just used these settings and it's changed the game for me! Thank you so much!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
New bug. Just crashed out on final lap, entire field went past me so quit and went to end of session. To find I'd been given a race win?

RS Clio 182
The following video of mine is why this is the best racing game ever imo.

Oulton Park in the Clio Cup - the first race the car was totally hooked up in the dry,i did about 7 straight laps of mid 1:08's but 2nd place kept one second back from me - then on the last lap i clipped a kerb heavily,and he took me with half a lap left!! Frustrating but such a brilliant realistic race.

Onto the 2nd race,it started raining heavy so i changed to Inters in the pit stop...i lost ground on the following laps but as it got dryer i picked up the pace and the video is of the last few laps battling to get into the top ten. Some of the best offline racing ive ever experienced.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
^^ The racing can be amazing, I jumped it up to 100 last night and had one hell of a race at snetterton. Got thrashed on the next race though so had to drop it back down to 70 lol.

That's just in time trial

Ah fair enough, good effort on the time.

This patch for xbox needs to hurry up now.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I've ordered a budget wheel for this, I've gone for the Thrustmaster T100 and managed to pick it up for under £90 which keeps the missis happy too 😂

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've ordered a budget wheel for this, I've gone for the Thrustmaster T100 and managed to pick it up for under £90 which keeps the missis happy too 😂
Loads of sensibly priced options for pc.

Goliath I
It's got no force feedback, bit pointless tbh.

It's a shame there aren't any reasonable wheels, had the logitech one for gt6, and adds another dimension. The force feedback really does give you an idea of what the cars doing.

Yeah, thought I might pick it up as it's reasonably cheap. The next ones up are around £250+ which is currently out of my price range.

It's probably been mentioned but is anyone else having the bug(?)where you turn full right then full left, but it stays locked going right? Is it a controller thing or?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yep that's a bug that'll be fixed by the patch. I don't think I've actually had that happen yet myself.

Goliath I
Happens every time I do it. I can't take a chicane: full left, full right. Have to go: full left, centre, full right. Pain in the ass!

big boost cup
Started playing with every assist on got bored. Now I've started playing around with all the settings turned all assists off apart from abs as I can't tell when it's going to lock up "controller"
It's by far the best racing game I've ever played

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I know people seem willing to put up with issues, but don't games go through months of testing? So either they're aware of these issues, and didn't give a f**k, happy to take the money. Or they're incompetent and didn't spot the issues. Or they've not tested it correctly?

None of the options are great imo. When the games good, it's really good. But that's not often enough imo.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Some of the stuff in here makes me want to buy this, but only on PC; the console versions look tame in comparison.

I don't have a top end gaming PC, nor a wheel, so I'm priced out unfortunately.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Had a bash on the ps4 version this evening. It's much better than the xbox version.

Didn't notice any lag, controller integration is infinitely better. Tempted to buy a ps4.
Some of the stuff in here makes me want to buy this, but only on PC; the console versions look tame in comparison.

I don't have a top end gaming PC, nor a wheel, so I'm priced out unfortunately.
Had a bash on the ps4 version this evening. It's much better than the xbox version.