ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Clio...

MK1 Clio (soon to be V6)
I think i've pretty much got an engine sorted now... but keep and eye on the link cos i'll have pics up soon. Alternatively progress/build pics will continue to be published in Redline too. ;)

Golf GTI PP Mk7
looks awesome, those white turinis finish it of nicely. u in the kettering area urself? cuz i live just outside kettering.

I reckon its the 2.5 V6 not the later 2.6/ 3.2 V6 fitted to the omega, 170bhp is about right for the capacity, pushed the Omega to 60 in 8.5 seconds so should be rapid in a clio.

Turbos.
Interesting choice, why didn't you keep it in the family and get a Laguna V6 engine? Either way, good luck trying to make it handle.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
hey mate, looks awesome

met you up at AP reformance few months back, mate of random ant and Merv.

should be a minter when its done

E36 M3. 182
hasnt that motor been put in a few corsas?? same engine as was in the cavalier v6 just mounted transversely??? cant think why youd want one in a clio, whats wrong with a good spec 2.0 hybrid??

MK1 Clio (soon to be V6)
Initially i did look into a 172/182 conversion and a 2.0 hybrid had crossed my mind too. Yeah, ideally they'd both make awesome projects but i want to build something different, something that hasnt been done before really; it'll make a much more fun project. I can appreciate it might effect the handling over a standard Willy set-up but hey, that's just what i'm going to have to deal with i suppose.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I'd go for a Honda K20 to be different....& indecently quick! Costs a bit more than an old vaux lump though

Looking for a ph-quick...
I think you'll be better of doing something with the lump thats in it, probably be faster as the omega lump is gonna weigh loads!