ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: De-chav

RS172 Flamer
Re: 3 Stages of my 1.6 Clio

Ah, should of mentioned that the monster sticker had come off & that the front tints are going - will look much better! I think the 182 wheels looked alright, shame that they have to go because of insurance (but then the state of car insurance is just a shame anyway!)

Why do people buy HIDs (srs question) Presumably they think it looks good/expensive/stand-out and try to justify it by telling everyone they want to see better at night? I just think they look so bad (because they look expensive) on a very non-expensive looking car like a Clio of this age. It'd be like having a gold or platinum bonnet, just looks stupidly expensive compared to the rest of the car. Xenons give great vision and looked sick in combination with my 182 exhaust, 182 body kit, 182 suspension, 182 wheels, 182 interior, 182 paint and 182 performance to back the rest of it up. What's wrong with Osram Nightbreakers any more?

The thing with H.I.D's are that they are energy efficient whilst providing more light, plus they look better than a standard horrible worn out orange looking halogen bulb. Some people prefer the 8k which has the blue tint to them, but i went for the 6k (white) to just improve from standard. And i would have the 182 Xenon's in a heart beat but they don't cost £25 like the H.I.D Conversion unfortunately :/

Listerine & Poledo

Isn't there a problem with HID's etc. where you need to make sure they will self-level etc.? Or need to be fitted into projector, not reflector, lights?

Also, isn't Castleford where Kevin McLoed tried to bring the place into the C21 but it got repeatedly kicked back by locals? Is the bridge still there, and is it simply a meeting spot for sperm-whales?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172

jan2012 regulation means theyre clamping down on them,

if you have HID's you MUST have cleaners or itll an MOT fail!

you must also fit a leveling system linked to the HIDs

i personally hate them also, the blind everyone else on the road because they reflect of the dirt on your headlights!! theyre far too bright and 99% of the time they aimed wrong!! but the drivers never really care!

Listerine & Poledo

I thought you only needed washers if the lights were OEM fitted?

But, yes, he'll still fail on the lack of auto-levelling.

OP, grab yourself some breakers' yard special deal on a set of 1*2 lamps dude, it will look better too.

RS172 Flamer

Isn't there a problem with HID's etc. where you need to make sure they will self-level etc.? Or need to be fitted into projector, not reflector, lights?

jan2012 regulation means theyre clamping down on them,

if you have HID's you MUST have cleaners or itll an MOT fail!

you must also fit a leveling system linked to the HIDs

i personally hate them also, the blind everyone else on the road because they reflect of the dirt on your headlights!! theyre far too bright and 99% of the time they aimed wrong!! but the drivers never really care!

I thought you only needed washers if the lights were OEM fitted?

But, yes, he'll still fail on the lack of auto-levelling.

OP, grab yourself some breakers' yard special deal on a set of 1*2 lamps dude, it will look better too.

I personally have them on the lowest setting, facing the ground, so that it reduced the glare. And i'll have to look into the added extra's to make them acceptable for the M.O.T

RS172 Flamer

Also, isn't Castleford where Kevin McLoed tried to bring the place into the C21 but it got repeatedly kicked back by locals? Is the bridge still there, and is it simply a meeting spot for sperm-whales?

Yeah, there is a village classed as in the Castleford area which contains alot of halfwits that decided to vandelize the new development but the walk bridge is based in the town centre which is more civil. The bridge is awesome in the summer to stand on with the breeze coming from over the River Aire :D

Listerine & Poledo

I personally have them on the lowest setting, facing the ground, so that it reduced the glare. And i'll have to look into the added extra's to make them acceptable for the M.O.T

Can you put the old bulbs back in for MOT?

Then get on the hunt for actual Xenons

RS172 Flamer

got any more photos of the exhaust? from under the car?

just for you :)

383186_2989464024603_1502167124_32911376_1397995055_n.gif

"Back box" lol
407661_2989466224658_1502167124_32911378_636196700_n.gif

RS172 Flamer

I got out the paint again to tidy up the interior a little bit :) These were previously all blue like the rest of the interior, but i gave it abit of class

Tweeter Covers:
386423_2989459104480_1502167124_32911374_1174204868_n.gif

Front Door Speaker covers:
386475_2989457584442_1502167124_32911373_23119968_n.gif

Uprated Head unit and sprayed hazard surround:
403642_2989456704420_1502167124_32911372_149657651_n.gif

This is the rest of my sound system, before i installed it:
381535_2982723296089_1502167124_32908909_104861674_n.gif

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

thats an interesting exhaust.... i bet its loud lol!

where is it mounted? it looks like its going to have a lot of movement in the position its in :/

also, mint idea for the speaker grill... i may have to steal it ;)

RS172 Flamer

thats an interesting exhaust.... i bet its loud lol!

where is it mounted? it looks like its going to have a lot of movement in the position its in :/

also, mint idea for the speaker grill... i may have to steal it ;)

Go for it, glad someone on this forum actually likes something about my car!

And yeah it's loud but it could be louder if i took out the centre section, put in a 200 cell sports cat and a 4-2-1 manifold ;) hahaha
Oh and it's doesn't move much surprisingly, it is all on the standard mounts besides from the drivers side exit (can't remember where that is mounted to).

Titanium 182

wouldnt bother trying for any extra hp if your sticking that sub in the back haha, just kidding though thats gonna be loud!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Go for it, glad someone on this forum actually likes something about my car!

And yeah it's loud but it could be louder if i took out the centre section, put in a 200 cell sports cat and a 4-2-1 manifold ;) hahaha
Oh and it's doesn't move much surprisingly, it is all on the standard mounts besides from the drivers side exit (can't remember where that is mounted to).

Oh lord :p what does it sound like? boomy or raspy? whack up a vid :approve:

and if youre going for a sports cat and 4-2-1 manifold... why not just decat it?

RS172 Flamer

Oh lord :p what does it sound like? boomy or raspy? whack up a vid :approve:

and if youre going for a sports cat and 4-2-1 manifold... why not just decat it?

I am always very tempted by a de-cat, i'm just considering the sports cat so i don't have to mess about come M.O.T time :/

I'll have to make a vid then and put it up. It's more boomy than raspy, i prefer something with a deep rumble :D

RS172 Flamer

wouldnt bother trying for any extra hp if your sticking that sub in the back haha, just kidding though thats gonna be loud!

Yeah i've got an induction kit for a scream from the engine bay, exhaust to shout at the back and this baby to vibrate my seat! lol

RS172 Flamer

You have no clue how far from a "chav" that i am Goodj.

Isn't it about time you stopped commenting and criticizing my thread? I've had just about enough of it!

RS172 Flamer

Done a few little mods, bought some things off of eBay. Pics to follow.

The things I do for CS approval :/

TT QS

You have no clue how far from a "chav" that i am Goodj.

Isn't it about time you stopped commenting and criticizing my thread? I've had just about enough of it!

Without being nasty, massive subs and saying that your cars mega loud gives people the ammo to say your a chav who sits in maccies car park dude. You may not like that but that's just how it is.

Your cars nice, not to my taste but who cares your driving it!

I don't get why you havnt lowered it. Best mod for any car I think.
And why get mods for approval? It's your car. Enjoy it your way instead of trying to get people who may never see it to like it.

Good luck with every thing :)

Grande 1.2

dude how black are those tints!!! glad you removed the monster! its waay to big. i liked the 182 wheels!! looked nuts, and made the tints look well. not too sure about the new wheels youve got, i would have paid the extra insurance & kept the old ones man! lol dont get mad at the haters mate! most of us get them on our thread at one point or another

RS172 Flamer

Without being nasty, massive subs and saying that your cars mega loud gives people the ammo to say your a chav who sits in maccies car park dude. You may not like that but that's just how it is.

Your cars nice, not to my taste but who cares your driving it!

I don't get why you havnt lowered it. Best mod for any car I think.
And why get mods for approval? It's your car. Enjoy it your way instead of trying to get people who may never see it to like it.

Good luck with every thing :)

Thank you for those generous words. I wish everyone would word there comments the same as you. The thing is every time i comment on a thread it is always constructive if ever criticizing. Telling me i have one more exhaust than i need and being called a chav (yet the only music i blast out of that sub is metal) is just not needed.

And I do still have the 40mm Apex Springs that i had on before but it is one of those mods that likes to cost me the most on insurance (hence why i took them off). I'm just going to sell everything else. :/

RS172 Flamer

dude how black are those tints!!! glad you removed the monster! its waay to big. i liked the 182 wheels!! looked nuts, and made the tints look well. not too sure about the new wheels youve got, i would have paid the extra insurance & kept the old ones man! lol dont get mad at the haters mate! most of us get them on our thread at one point or another

They are "Dark Smoke", i think it's 80% :) and yeah, really glad how the 182 alloys came out after i sprayed them.

And it is members like you, alexr19 and Kuckles etc (sorry if i missed anyone) who are the reason why i joined this forum in the first place

sub looks f**kin mega btw!!

Haha cheers pal, they kick out some awesome vibrations!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200

What reg is your Clio? I was going to get my exhaust the same style (little smaller I must admit) but couldn't due to my spare tyre well in the boot, settled for a dual just on the left instead lol

RS172 Flamer

It is on an 03 plate pal, and i'll be recording a video soon to upload for you guys to have a listen ;)

RS172 Flamer

UPDATE: Changed the sub, gone from a Fli Twin 12" 2000w to a Single 15" Vibe Slick 1500w and upgraded the other speakers to Vibe slick aswell

*incase anyone is interested i'm selling my old Sub (on it's own) and 6x9's.
I'm also selling my K-tec carbon front strut, lexus tail lights and the luscious 182 alloys :/

RS172 Flamer

Here is what the car looks like now ;)

8a7c3c2b.gif

1ea25463.gif

76db78e6.gif

ebed180a.gif

**Removed the sunstrip and the front tints*

Got the car washed and waxed, changed the oil and filter and shortly after this picture was taken my mate used some scratch remover on my headlights to tidy them up :)

In the next few days i am ordering some LED lights for the rear number plate, interior light, glovebox and boot. Also i am ordering some Silvatec indicators for front and back lights then some white bulbs for the fogs Then i will be spraying the Renault badge on the centre caps silver to stand out abit more.

Last edited:
  RS172 Flamer

The car hasn't had much attention recently due to the weather. The only thing i've done is spray the emblem on the centre caps Silver. Although now I am considering re-spraying the alloys in Anthracite but i am not too sure if it will suit. Any ideas?

Clio, Yamaha R6
Looks much better now mate, has it got lighter tints on the front now or none at all?

You still got the 182 alloys for sale?

Inferno 182

But stay away from from vibes cheap subs, go for their expensive range like black air or space. I got a twin 15" vibe space enclosure 7200w max, and believe me it's loud lol.

RS172 Flamer

Looks much better now mate

I like how it's come along. Good work.

Cheers guys!

has it got lighter tints on the front now or none at all?

None at all now

You still got the 182 alloys for sale?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3334583.htm

Stay away from Vibes cheap subs, go for their expensive range like Black Air or Space. I got a twin 15" Vibe Space enclosure 7200w max, and believe me it's loud lol.

Yeah they are really good subs but i just wanted something simple to add abit of backing bass to the music :)

I know a guy that had the same Space subs in his VDub. He created a custom enclosure and mounted them up behind the front two seats. They were some loud head rests lol.

Inferno 182

Yeah they are good for just simple bass. Lol, I'm thinking of of doing a custom enclosure, just don't wanna mess it up :/

RS172 Flamer

Small Update:

In true Renault fasion the car has caused some problems. The electric power assisted steering rack decided to brake and the passenger side window broke a clip. The window was a simle fix:
3489be83.jpg (bought a new clip, +1 spare)

Then I had to replace a water pipe that burst :/ (Another simple fix really). I took the car into a garage for a supply and fit rack. I have also replaced the parts which I put down to wear and tear:
Window Wipers (bosch aero blades),
2 front tyres
brake pads (mintex)
track rod ends
spark plugs (bosch super 4)
and a new battery <<due to winter & short journeys

Oh and finally, i managed to spray the renault badge on the centre cap in Iceberg Silver
29a9f0e8.jpg

Last edited:
  RS172 Flamer

how easy is it to fit the HID's mate ?

Relatively simple.. you just unplug the standard bulb, make a small incision on the black cap so you can feed the wires through then plug the nodes into the standard connectors and away you go. make sure you tuck away the H.I.D box so it doesn't get caught up in anything