ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Not Sure

ph1 172, megane 225
Hi all, been on here for a couple of years now and this is my 5th clio now. This is my first project thread so go easy on me :eek: It's called not sure because I still not sure if I'm going to keep it due to I got on a Sunday night and found out on the Monday that I'm going to be a dad :) at the moment it's not hurting sitting in the garage and gives me something to play with.

So I got this a couple of months ago now for 375 it's been sitting for 3years no history nothing so wanted to check it over after hpi it, I handed over the money and I was on my way home.

Abit about the car it was leaking water from the side of the engine. At the time I wasn't sure what the problem was, the worst I was think that the block was cracked so the that was the first thing to do was get the engine out.

View attachment 95430
This is the only picture I have from picking it.

Will add more pictures when it lets me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
  ph1 172, megane 225
Some more pictures from when I got it.
image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg

so once I had some spare time I started to strip the car, to get the engine out to find out where the water was coming from, it wouldn't hold any water. The quicker you poured it in the quicker it came out.
image.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-2.jpg

Once the engine was strip I found where the water was going :(
image-18.jpg

so me being me I started thinking the worst that its siting there with no anti freeze, popped a core plug and maybe cracked the block. So started checking the block to make sure all was ok. Thank god all was ok :approve:
image-15.jpg

image-14.jpg

image-13.jpg

so I got it all cleaned up got a new core plug and fitted it. Why I had the engine out and not having no history it would have been silly not to change the cambelt so got a new one and fitted it with the correct tools.

I then got the engine and gearbox fitted.
image-12.jpg

will update again soon
thanks for looking and sorry for the crap spelling

ph1 172, megane 225
I then started to paint everything to make it look better. So painted it red and black also added cup alternator set up got for 30pound so was well happy.
image-9.jpg

I also matched my inlet why they was off.
image-8.jpg

Got everything bolted back together and lined up
image-3.jpg

Everything being back together now started it up and let it run up to temp to make sure all was good.
This is how it stands at the moment.
image-23.jpg

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
didn't realise how far you had gone with it, bay looks really good so far!!

ph1 172, megane 225
Cheers Alex :) ive done quiet a bit since the last update. Since the car has been running the STOP and battery lights are staying on, I no it's means alternator is on its way but I no it's fine it's holding voltage at 14.3 and the battery is holding charge. I'm using a mk1 alternator with 172cup brackets I've put in a 12v switch live I ain't got a clue whats wrong. Any ideas? picture of finished engine bay
image-24.jpg
when I broke my last 172 ph2 I had a lot of bits lifted over including a complete interior so put the dash in as I hate the ph1 dash.
image-32.jpg
I also custom my clocks
image-34.jpg
picture of dash almost finished
image-28.jpg
Then started putting the door cards on
image-26.jpg
and wired in the ph2 lights
image-25.jpg
then back in the garage
image-27.jpg
​Thanks for looking

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Uve gone a long way since i see it last month man :)

Looking brilliant mate & i no ur the main man when it comes to these babys lol

Ill be over tues night ;-)