ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Projectors

None :(
Hey all

I was wondering if anyone on CS uses a projector for their home entertainment? The flat i've moved into has the whole of the basement with it, good size room, and dark for a projector.

However i've never owned a projector, can anyone give me some opinions on what NOT to get and what's important when looking to buy a projector?

A part of my thinks just get a 720p one for now, it will just have to downscale my 1080p. OR do i go the extra mile and get 1080p? I'm not looking to spend big brand money region of £400 - £800 really.

Also im concerned about replacement bulbs, i dont want to get a cheap projector, and in a years time find myself stuck as i can't get a bulb, or the bulbs are the same price as a new projector.

Well any advise / comments much appreciated.

James.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
optoma hd65 or infocus x9.. both very very good 720p projectors and can both be had for less than £500. I have the x9 with a 21 foot throw distance giving me a 178 inch screen, its awesome :). bulbs for both of these projectors arent very expensive and will always be readily available. You wont get a decent 1080p projector for less than a grand but tbh, 1080p isnt a massive gain over 720 anyway. Oh and make sure you choose a decent screen as this can make or break an image from a projector

None :(
Cool, thanks for your input, i needed "real" opinions not just some corporate jargon on specs.

After shopping around, yeah cheapest ok ish 1080p i can get is £800. So i think 720p is the way forward for the moment.

Thanks for your input FiXX

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
No problem dude, if you bought either of those units you certainly wouldnt be dissapointed, i guarantee it. But projectors are not like tv's in the sense that you buy one, turn it on and it looks awesome, they need a lot of calibrating to get the picture as you expect. Once set up however it looks amazing