ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Prospeed exhaust

Trophy #473
I have a ph1 172 and after flicking through some threads on exhausts i came across a pic of fUbArs prospeed. wow looks amazing and suits the car so much.
just wanted to know how much and what does it sound like?
Alos manifold wise would a 182 mani fit to my existing pipework or will i need some sort of pipe to mate them together. Just thinking 182 manifold, de cat (or sport) and prospeed.

Im not the best at explaining things. Also i live in the east midlands and Prospeed is a good 2.5 hours away so if i was to book my car in id need to be sure it will be worth the treck.

cheers

Nathan

Golf GTI 1.8T
Right well I don't know much about them but here's a couple of pics of Toms (MrStabby) car at the BBPT rolling road day last weekend. I think he drove to Glasgow to get it dont and he lives in Kent!! He said it was well worth it so it must be good! :D

toms-172-rear.jpg

toms-172-bumper.jpg

toms-172-exhaust.jpg

prospeed is in wales, not scotland! im thinking of going from essex next month, everyone on here rates charlies work.

Golf GTI 1.8T
I heard wrong then, cant remember where he said it was.

the bumper is standard, just cut out.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i drove 3.5hrs, but there was an accident on the motorway, it took over 4hrs to get there in the end, i've got the above zorst a 3.5" slash cut

deffo worth it, as off the shelf items just look out of place imo

I like it too..
The black surround part is from a 182 :cool: when I was speaking to Tom about it, he said they are about a score each from renault - so he bought two off ebay, ones on the car & he sold the other one.

I think the surround really finishes it off:approve:

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
gt_gaz said:
i drove 3.5hrs, but there was an accident on the motorway, it took over 4hrs to get there in the end, i've got the above zorst a 3.5" slash cut

deffo worth it, as off the shelf items just look out of place imo

Any pics..?

Silver 172 Mk2
Not gonna bother putting the pic of mine up cause it looks the same as the other silver ones.

Well worth the treck. I went from Leicester when i had mine done.

£270 is an absolute bargin in my opinion.

The noise when you hit 5k is intoxicating!!!!!!!!

J

JEFF4507

Have many people got Prospeed exhausts, do they include a guarantee ? Are they reliable ? And more over, do they increase air flow ?

Who did the cut on the back of the bumper ? It looks well done.

Silver 172 Mk2
cat171 said:
I like it too..
The black surround part is from a 182 :cool: when I was speaking to Tom about it, he said they are about a score each from renault - so he bought two off ebay, ones on the car & he sold the other one.

I think the surround really finishes it off:approve:

Been looking for this on ebay! Cant find any exhaust surounds!

exhaust surrounds are £18 from renault. Yeah lifetime guarantee on exhausts which is transferrable for a small fee if you sell the car, mine is great - no probs at all and if I did they would fix them for free and yes airflow is much better I have standard cat and still a noticeable difference.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
he did the cut out on mine, very tidy, and with the 182 surround, looks spot on imo