ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

prospeed exhausts

Range Rover sport
im looking to buy the 182 look - a - like exhaust system for my 1.2 16v clio.
been told not to buy off k-tec so .. just wondering if any of you have purchased any systems from prospeed down in cardiff?

seen alot of clios with cs stickers on there gallery and just wondering if there any good?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
members do seem to rate him tbh, what price has he quoted you for a zorst

TrackCar & F30 330d
I'm off to Prospeed for a custom Decat on the 16th and then my mate is off there the next day for a full system. I'l post some pictures when i get back of the quality :)

M

mini-valver

The quality of mine is CRAP, but I've heard he's changed the way the backbox has the pipe to centre section fitted and the mounting points.

Mine was done at Prospeed :) Would highly recommend it tbh - Charlie will make it exactly how you want it. If you want pics or anything then just give us a shout :)

this was a 3.5" cat back, talking early 2007 when I got it though.......not sure who I sold it to, was still in VGC when I sold it...

IMG_5114.jpg

IMG_5154.jpg

IMG_5148.jpg

http://www.vimeo.com/1113325

Coiley'd Clio PH2
I got myself a 182 style exhaust done a while back from Charlie, got a de-cat done aswell. Couple pics:

18092008515.jpg

18092008516.jpg

P1160796.jpg

The De-cat:

18092008517-1.jpg

where did you get that made?

price?

RBR developments in Northampton, bought the cage off someone on here, but it wasnt what I wanted, so RBR cut it up, only kept the hoop and made it from there...........cant remember how much

M

mini-valver

No pictures of the gash bits of mine mate, its rigged up with bolts and washers ATM. If you look down the backbox pipe which joins to the centre section, its just welded on an angle to a straight peice coming from the back box so it juts out into the flow, if that makes sense?

Range Rover sport
cheers guys big help! think i ll ask charlie to do the same as nicks!

nick have you got a video of what yours sounds like?

Mine's the same as Nicks but sounds just like jord's :O

Don't forget to mention 'Jamie with the black Clio' too! :D

BMW E46 330i Touring
Mine's booked in for the 21st. If anyone else is booked in for then, let me know :)

The general consensus seems to be that Prospeed are very good and, if you live relatively near, the lifetime guarantee means that even if something's not quite right you can always go back. The amount of exausts he churns out a week means there'll always been the odd one that's not perfect - same as any product.

The not-so-good ones seem to be the older exhausts; with some changes made to the system and joins more recently. Also, I'm aware of him having to let certain staff go as their work was awful.

Abarth 500
gets my vote, had mine for about 3 years and is still in good condition, he even fixed for free when i broke it on a speed bump, oops!

Coiley'd Clio PH2
do you find it a pain having to put the cat back on every year? thats the only thing stopping me..

Havent had the exhaust on for a year yet... so havent had that problem yet. Had the mot done a few days before i got the exhaust aswell.

what did you ask for , for it to sound like that? mid sport note or loud ?raspy or boomy?

Errm, i asked for a mid-sport note, then got the cat taken out and it just made the whole thing much, much louder. Pops and bngs a hell of a lot aswell, sometimes even pops the odd small flame.

Range Rover sport
Errm, i asked for a mid-sport note, then got the cat taken out and it just made the whole thing much, much louder. Pops and bngs a hell of a lot aswell, sometimes even pops the odd small flame.[/quote]

what was it like before you got the cat taken out! sorry to be a pain! just dont wana fork out lots of money for it to sounds s**t

Errm, i asked for a mid-sport note, then got the cat taken out and it just made the whole thing much, much louder. Pops and bngs a hell of a lot aswell, sometimes even pops the odd small flame.

what was it like before you got the cat taken out! sorry to be a pain! just dont wana fork out lots of money for it to sounds s**t[/quote]The vid I sent you of mine was a mid-sport note matey