ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

protective paint film

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
thinking of fitting that clear film to leading edge of bonnet and most of the front bumper plus the lower sills for the winter months, has anyboby fitted it in the past if so is it any good
thanks

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
No^^^^^.

What he means is the clear plastic coating as used on Lambo's & Ferraris.

Not cheap but what is.

I got a quote of £40 just for the small area in front of rear arches that gets blasted by grit.

The guy lives local as well.

Mito Sportiva 135
Not really worth it for a Clio guys!! You could get aa lot of bodyshop correction for that kind of money.... keep your money, save it towards the Ferarri!

ST
Not really worth it for a Clio guys!!

There's always one :rolleyes:

Its true tho mate....

My uncle had the proper venture film stuff fitted to his E46 CS when he got it a few years ago and it didnt make much of a difference...

It doesnt chip the paint as much tho it chips the film and it goes all rough like sand paper and in time parts of the film start to peel off and the paint underneath gets chipped anyway....he paid about 2k to have the full front end done and wishes he never bothered...tho in the end when trading the car a few months ago for the new Audi RS4 he just had the front end resprayed.

Alan.

Mito Sportiva 135
There's always one :rolleyes:

Its true tho mate....

My uncle had the proper venture film stuff fitted to his E46 CS when he got it a few years ago and it didnt make much of a difference...

It doesnt chip the paint as much tho it chips the film and it goes all rough like sand paper and in time parts of the film start to peel off and the paint underneath gets chipped anyway....he paid about 2k to have the full front end done and wishes he never bothered...tho in the end when trading the car a few months ago for the new Audi RS4 he just had the front end resprayed.

Alan.

Exactly mate. On a £50k or upwards car maybe I would consider it, but paying £1k or more on a Clio just doesn't make financial sense, and like Alan says once the stuff gets damaged it looks rubbish. It's not like an invisible forcefield boys!

Save your money for a bodyshop. Heck, you could buy a brand new bonnet for that much on a Clio!

ST
Yep...tho his M3 had been to the ring about 8 times in the last 3 years he has also tracked it quite a bit, even still the film wasn't doing what they say it does!!

A front end respray on a clio your only talking about £500??

Mito Sportiva 135
Maybe slightly more depending on where you get it done but still the easier and better option in my opinion. So we all agree then - the protective paint film, especially for a Clio, is a total waste of money. End of discussion, case closed!