ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Prowlr - Your TV Companion

E87 118d M Sport
Prowlr is a free web app allowing you to track your favourite TV shows on your iPhone or iPod Touch.

trio.png

This web app provides an easy to use, friendly, manageable tool to track up and coming episodes of your favourite tv shows.

Registration is quick, easy and free.

Add unlimited TV shows to your show list. Decide you don’t want to follow a show any longer? Just 2 taps will remove it.

Being a web app, Prowlr will never require updates through the Apple store. Any new features will automatically be added to your account when you sign in. Free of charge, of course.

Visit http://prowlr.tv now, add Prowl to your home screen and you will receive our customized dashboard icon.

Unique Features:

- WEEKLY VIEWER
Check which shows are on each week using Prowlr’s unique weekly viewer.

- EMAIL NOTIFICATION
Never miss an episode of your favourite shows ever again. Prowlr will send you an email at the start of each week letting you know which episodes are airing on which day.

- SYNOPSIS VIEWER
Check details of current and next episodes with Prowlr’s synopsis viewer by just tapping on the episode name.

For News and Update information, check out our:

twitter page http://twitter.com/prowlrtv
facebook fan page http://prowlr.tv/facebook

(thanks to everyone who submitted owl logo's and participated in tv polls last year)

Last edited by a moderator:
  E87 118d M Sport
a few answers copied from the iphone app thread:

- Unfortunately push is not a feature supported by a web app, so although there could be the option of an sms reminder in the future (if it is a viable option) push, at this moment in time, is not available.

- This is not limited to UK shows. The data prowlr uses is collected from theTVDB.com (a site that allows open api) and is limited to only displaying when a shows episodes are first aired. If there is a way in the future of selecting air dates and stations depending on GPS location, then it is something we will look into.

So basically, I can choose things like House, Scrubs, Heroes etc and when they are aired in the US?

E87 118d M Sport
yeah. its the original air date. on which ever network it originally aires on. (cuz that was what we wanted when we developed it. as it worked well we thought we'd let others use it)

Is it available now?

yup. went live at 2am this morning (im tired)

OH sorry mate.......ang on a sec. I need a mod to edit the OP. (completely my fault. your right, those links dont work)

Last edited:
  E87 118d M Sport
well from day 1 stats it seems to have been an initial success. thanks to anyone who has signed up and hope you all enjoy prowlr.

E87 118d M Sport
ahhh that would be telling.

there are over 100 shows being tracked, with downloaded episode information for over 7,500 episodes (im glad we went for a dedicated server lol)

i will be submitting prowlr to apple tonight to see if we can get it on the web app page cuz thats where most of the interest would come from i imagine:

http://www.apple.com/webapps/

(there are some reali nice web apps on there if anyone didnt know about it)

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Well done mate.

For a new user what is the simple terms?

Like iplayer for tv shows?

E87 118d M Sport
Thanks mate!!!! We are so happy. to get it put on the apple iste is one thing. but to be featured....wow!

basically:

-Create an Account
-Add the TV shows that you watch to your list
-Prowlr will get the dates of the latest and next show to be aired (+synopsis) and show them under the show name
-Weekly Viewer allows you to see what is on each week (+email to tell you on a monday)

more plans for the future. but thats it. easy peasy.

E87 118d M Sport
We have considered it as a possibility. At the moment it is a web app. Joe who does the coding has no experience with the apple coding so we'd need to research into that. Then apply for the SDK. Then release it.

I think for the time being it'l be kept as a freebie, so enjoy!

Revels Mum & Sister
Just whacked it on the other halfs iPhone as I do not use one now. Very impressive. I like it and would 100% pay for it without question!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Would be good to have the option to choose us or uk air dates for shows which air in both.

Revels Mum & Sister
I thought this however 95% of the shows we watch we get from the U.S anyway! Usually if it airs in the UK first it is a UK show and will therefore show as the UK air dates anyway! He is limited to the info which is displayed from the site he pulls it from. I use a little App on my Windows Home Server which monitors tvnzb.com and when the episode is out auto downloads the nzb, downloads and extracts all for me.

Very handy with this app of knowing when to add certain shows on there.

E87 118d M Sport
Would be good to have the option to choose us or uk air dates for shows which air in both.

as rasclart said, we are limited to show info from theTVBD and are lokoing into a UK show provider. also looking into how we would allow uk or us show (and other countries) without making the UI too....busy

we ll have to see what V2.0 brings....

glad you like it tho!

E87 118d M Sport
If anyone has suggestions of how to improve prowlr, or features they would like to see added (keep in mind that it is a web app for the time being, so dont ask for push ;)).
We are planning v2.0 tomorrow evening and starting on the next updates, so either let me know in here, or add to the feedback form on prowlr.tv (accessed via a pc/mac)

We do not want to:

- clutter the UI
- make it harder than 2-3 taps to check the information you want
- fill it with useless pages of information that is irrelevant (like episode actors names for example)

(im not promising that all suggestions will be added, but all will be discussed)

Last edited:
  E87 118d M Sport
Thanks for the patience mate. I missed this post but we've been working on the fix for the last week or so.

Bug Fixes:

- Duplicated episode data. (You may have seen 2 episodes listed for a show on your weekly planner but they end up the same episode) This has been rectified but if you find any anomalies please let me know.

- Entering Shows to your list. No idea how this bug came about as the code changed itself, but it has been resolved now, so add away.

We have updated the home screen icon to high res (for the retina screen). If for any reason yours does not look high res, delete it off your home screen and re-bookmark from safari.
The main user area on the app has also been retina'd. The only screen that is not currently high res is the "splash screen" (the one with the big owl), but we are working on that currently.

E87 118d M Sport
Oh, and we are working on Prowlr2, but thats all I cant really say at this stage.
As it gets closer to being released I will keep this updated.

AK

M240i
How does it work if ive got a show that's airing in US and UK currency? It's only showing me the US date... Or is this not a feature to change it yet?

E87 118d M Sport
Its not. And unfortunately until their is a UK provider who allows open source API, there's nothing we can do.
If the show is a UK show only (like....The Inbetweeners for example) the date your shown is the UK date.

AK

M240i
Its not. And unfortunately until their is a UK provider who allows open source API, there's nothing we can do.
If the show is a UK show only (like....The Inbetweeners for example) the date your shown is the UK date.

Ah ok, cool. Tis a nice app :)