ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

proxies fair price?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Ive been quoted £71.95 +vat each for full fitting and balance for Toyo proxies T1Rs, is this a fair price? Looking for a decent replacement for my tired exaltos, any others worth a look?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
No but getting them fitted when you supply your own tyres is going to p**s off the local tyre place

phase 1 flamer 172
I paid £300 for 4 of those fitted/balanced in 195/45 x 16 at a local to me tyre place 4 months ago.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I suppose that makes them not too bad pricewise, from my experience on my old 172 though they were a bit quick to wear. Going to miss my exaltos probably

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Which Kumhos? KU39? Ive been quoted £ 76 fitted for them. I read rainsports are not good for summer use

WRX
Was the guy wearing a mask when he quoted you?
£73 fitted INC vat through tyretraders. Try Camskill and blackcircles too. For fitting don't pay more than a tenner each if you get them delivered. Could get Hankook V12 evos fitted for the price of your T1Rs.
Rainsports are fine for normal road use, dry track abuse is what they don't like.

M140i
I've just got uniroyal Rainsports, fantastic in the wet, not so fantastic in the dry lol (80% surefootedness lol)

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
P zero neros in 195/45/16 are only about £78 fitted if you look online.

Wheres that? Ive looked but cant find them. Not sure whether it is where I live that gives me less choice with buying online tyres fitted.

WRX
Tyretraders are about that, £80 fitted for W rated if you use "casper" in the discount box, then choose your local fitting centre.

phase 1 flamer 172
Would think all branded tyres have good/bad points, better in some areas, worse in others, doubt any are sh***

182 Cup
Wheres that? Ive looked but cant find them. Not sure whether it is where I live that gives me less choice with buying online tyres fitted.

Blackcircles £78 , Bestbuytyres.co.uk (they use Drexel fitting centres a fair bit I think) Are currently £74 ish , F1 Autocentres £77

RS2s are more expensive on the above sites from what I can see in the same sizes.

(I'm looking at tyres for mine hence knowing prices lol)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Ive been quoted £71.95 +vat each for full fitting and balance for Toyo proxies T1Rs, is this a fair price? Looking for a decent replacement for my tired exaltos, any others worth a look?

Why do people say that?? Do they offer a price for partial fitting? Perhaps only fit half of the tyre and leave the rest hanging off the rim?

phase 1 flamer 172
I took it as meaning the full "fitting and balance" all in as opposed to there being any additional cost .

Clio 182
T1R's definitely arent s**te Have them on My 182, (just had two new ones fitted to the front incidently) I used mytyres.co.uk - bit pricey though this time round. IMO they grip like hell, even though its been p1ssing it down non stop lately. Looking forward to some dry weather.

Never have been able to fault Proxies since owning an MR2, the car was undriveable on motorways in the wet with its previous tyres on, put proxies on and it was as safe an grippy as anything.

Great tyres for the budget IMO. Haven't tried Hankooks though so I can't compare to those

BG182FF
Was it you I was speaking to in Kington saturday morning?

Theres a seller on ebay, JJC race and rally, his prices arent bad. Or Ears motorsport, they're another. As for fitting, ATS Euromaster quoted me £11 per tyre fitted and balanced so I'll be doing that i think.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Was it you I was speaking to in Kington saturday morning?

Theres a seller on ebay, JJC race and rally, his prices arent bad. Or Ears motorsport, they're another. As for fitting, ATS Euromaster quoted me £11 per tyre fitted and balanced so I'll be doing that i think.

Bit of a late reply but yes it was me with my hyper daughter