ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS2

I was going to get a PS2 in mine, your looking cost of a PS2, power inverter (£100ish maybe cheap if you go some where like Maplin)and screen.

I just went for a PSone in the end which was about £160 Total (£50 S/H PSOne, £103 5"screen and £5 for lighter power adaptor) see my install in the gallary

where did u get the power supply from???
have u got the data sheet for it?
email any info to cliokid@hotmail.com

shaun

I have no knowledge of ice but i have already got a Ps2, so how much more in total would i need to spend and what stuff would i need to get.

Kev

i just had a look on maplins site and u can get a 4" colour screen for £130 not sure about the power converters for a ps1 or ps2 dunno what voltage they need

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

PaulN - Ive just looked at your install in the gallery. Just wondering if its a bit of a pain having a screen that sits on the dash rather than one that comes out of the Head Unit. Id be worried that it would be a bit vulnerable.

Rick

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Also what sort of quality is the screen as most 5" screens are about £400+.

Rick

The screen can be removed in seconds, (Its now mounted in the viser anyway)

As for quality its not to sad, it will do until I can get a proper one

While Im on the subject does anyone know how well the "popout" one fit in a mark1 Clio?

I got the ps1 and had it chipped
i got the screen i just need the lead to connect them together and a power converter for the ps1 and bobs your uncle

If its the Small PS1 you can get the Video cable in Game/EB for about £6 and the power from Lik-sang.com for about £6 again. If you want it sooner than lik-sang www.cel-direct.com do the same thing but will charge you about £30.

All you need is a cigar lighter adaptor that will convert to 7.5v (check the underside of the PS1 but I think thats right) so a local motorspares may have one.

Does anyone know of an easy way (i.e. a wiring kit that you can connect cig lighter transformers to) that allows you to bypass the cig lighter and avoid having to have things plugged directly into it. ?

Or is there another way to provide power to transformers or other accessories e.g a camera detector ? other than using the cig lighter ?

Thanks,

Carl

right here goes - the ps1 uses something crazy like 7.5 v as said earlier, so the adaptor is easy, as sony make one. for the ps2 you need a power invertor that shifts 12v to 240v, i work for ripspeed and we sell the kits for ps2s for £75, that has the power leads and the a/v leads with it all you need then is a screen, you can pick them up anywhere from £100 to £3000 depending on what you are after. if you go to your local halfords and have a look in the audio customer catalog you can see all the kits that we do, and we price match, and fit too!!!

S2 106 Rallye

The easiest way of getting DVD in ur Clio is using a PS2, you obviously get the advantage of games too! Pop-out or in-dash units start at around £1200 or more, where as a stand alone screen such as a Necvox is about £300, Ive mounted mine where the cup holders are in the latest Clio. If you include the cost of a power inverter, and playstation ur looking at about £600 for total setup. If you have an aux in input in the back of your headunit that will work better than having to get an Fm modulator to get your sound through ur speakers. Ne way, hope thats helped you out abit.

Lionel Richie

£50 from PC world 12V to 240V converter (fag lighter) then just wire it up to the back of the fag lighter, job done