ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 - £359.99

SLK 350
Was a limited "weekend only" DFS type offer, I'm guessing they either were late updating back to their usual price, or Lee was running a caches version - £400 here too.

Lee

BMW M2C
Was a limited "weekend only" DFS type offer, I'm guessing they either were late updating back to their usual price, or Lee was running a caches version - £400 here too.

They must have updated just after Scutch went on there. I've not been on shopto for months so it wasn't cached.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Was 359 for me when I checked aswell.. that was shortly after Lee posted though.. so must have just changed it..

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
lol. My comment was removed, although it was damn funny.

I think the £350 is still steep. When it comes under £300 and there is a ready supply of great games, thats when I'll step in. Although saying that, I have 3 under my bed anyway.

SLK 350
Indeed, there's a lot of censorship going on these days around here, you make a post and it's removed with no warning - love it.

Well the way I look at it:

PS3 = £399 (cheaper on ebay).
Xbox 360 Premium £280 + HD-DVD £130 = £410

Advantage of the PS3 being it has a significantly larger HD as standard, a HDMI output, and PROPER sound quality that hasn't been compressed, it's a lot quieter, and it's a nicer looking package being all-in-one.

Personal preference, but mine is predominantly purchased for media/hi-def usage and for me it represents a better solution than a 360, or than buying a stand alone BD/HD-DVD player.

That said I paid £360 for mine and that got me 2 games, and a BD movie.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Indeed, there's a lot of censorship going on these days around here, you make a post and it's removed with no warning - love it.

Advantage of the PS3 being it has a significantly larger HD as standard, a HDMI output, and PROPER sound quality that hasn't been compressed, it's a lot quieter, and it's a nicer looking package being all-in-one.

Personal preference, but mine is predominantly purchased for media/hi-def usage and for me it represents a better solution than a 360, or than buying a stand alone BD/HD-DVD player.

don't forget the wifi needed for the 360 at £60 and xbox live cost etc.

but i have been saying this for ages and it just seems to go over peoples heads, they still keep saying it is more expensive.

Then they come out with not wanting HD movies so not buying the HD-DVD addon, for me though, if I want HD games and have a HD TV, why wouldn't anyone want to watch high def movies too!

F82 M4
people keep saying that they are expensive but not at all. A stand alone blu-ray player is £1000 some places, and this thing does that aswell.

330Ci (Fail)Sport

Where did you get yours? Special offer?

SLK 350
don't forget the wifi needed for the 360 at £60 and xbox live cost etc.

but i have been saying this for ages and it just seems to go over peoples heads, they still keep saying it is more expensive.

Then they come out with not wanting HD movies so not buying the HD-DVD addon, for me though, if I want HD games and have a HD TV, why wouldn't anyone want to watch high def movies too!

Indeed, although it's not as robust as XBL it's a free service which works straight out of the box via wired or wireless LAN, added bonus and a saving of £100!

It's also good as it uses less proprietary hardware than the 360, practically any wireless or USB device will work in the PS3. My logitech mouse/keyboard works seamlessly, as does my webcam and bluetooth headset, so no need to purchase expensive first party stuff.

Looks a lot sleeker too, although it is pretty fugly when it's lying down!

@onevish, I got mine of eBay mate. Plenty of BIN prices around £350, I just got lucky from seom eBay shop I guess.

Cliosport 172
@ The hoff and Dk
this ain't a dig, i'm on the verge of getting one but want to know what don't you like about the machine? is there anything that you've thought "why didn't they do that with it"?

dk

911 GTS Cab
@ The hoff and Dk
this ain't a dig, i'm on the verge of getting one but want to know what don't you like about the machine? is there anything that you've thought "why didn't they do that with it"?
only the rumble but i've heard thats coming as the dispute over the technology has now been resolved.

Cliosport 172
@ The hoff and Dk
only the rumble but i've heard thats coming as the dispute over the technology has now been resolved.

cool i can live with that :D . Anyone know the release date for GT HD concept?

SLK 350
No problems here at all Boosta, majority of the early glitches were resolved with firmware update 1.70. Only thing i'm really waiting for is more PS Store releases such as Gaunlet II which is fully online multiplayer enabled (wheeee), Calling All Cars looks like great fun too.

Some new games titles would be welcomed, but that's par for the course with new consoles, and these days all games seem to be ported from something or other.

GT:HD Concept is FREE mate via the PS Store, it's not awfully extensive, neither is it a good game - but it kept me busy for an hour or so. GT5 will be out next year though I think, but there's nothing to stop you playing GT4 from PS2 in the meantime.

If you can get one at the right price mate, i'd thoroughly recommend it. All these dreamers thinking they'll be massive price cuts before Xmas this year are exactly that, dreamers. There won't be any cuts of sizable nature for a while me thinks.

T

titch

the only problem i have with the ps3 is that it only plays blue ray an not many films are out on blue ray yet

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've ordered a BT Keyboard with Touchpad today for my PS3, it'll make net browsing and Linux use far easier when sitting on the sofa. £24 delivered.

Mk2 Golf GTI
I got my hands on the PS3 for the first time earlier, the pads aren't even half as bad as some people have made out! Will be better with the rumble feature though, but the triggers on the back didn't feel bad to me.