ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 Battlefield Connection Issues

1.6 Ford Focus
Done a quick search on this to no avail, also done a google search only to find millions of results with no solutions.

I downloaded the Bad Company 2 demo on my Ps3 a few days ago and after a 5 mins or so I get booted from the game with the message "connection to server lost".

I normally play these sort of games on the PC but most of my mates play on the PS3 so I thought I would download the other demos of Battlefield games and play them... Some refuse to let me online at all saying could not connect to server and some do the same as BC2 and kick me after 5 mins. I have also downloaded BF: Heroes on the PC and that works most of the time, but kicks me from the server and says the same connection message on the odd occasion.

Now I am really tempted to buy BFBC but if I have this problem then its money wasted really...

I have reset my wireless router to defaults and no luck, have no option to change NAT type, cant add the PS3 to the DMZ list as there are 4 devices listed and none of them match the IP and MAC address of the PS3, the routers firewall is disabled and the UnPN is already disabled by default... that makes all the google result solutions a failure.

Looong topic but anyone else got this problem and a solution?

Fiesta ST2
Isit battlefield 1943? I had this problem replaced my router and it worked a treat before replacing I tried upgrading the firmware, resetting it to factory default setup DMZ etc the same as you, also tried wireless and wired only thing that worked was a replacement of a router sadly. strange that it all worked when I played on PC and Wii games although it lagged every now and again. good luck fella!

1.6 Ford Focus
Isit battlefield 1943? I had this problem replaced my router and it worked a treat before replacing I tried upgrading the firmware, resetting it to factory default setup DMZ etc the same as you, also tried wireless and wired only thing that worked was a replacement of a router sadly. strange that it all worked when I played on PC and Wii games although it lagged every now and again. good luck fella!

That's not an option for me unfortunately :( I found the right IP and added it to the DMZ and it still didn't work...

From AV Forums. Seems a common issue and this solves it for most.

How on earth do I do that?

1.6 Ford Focus
PMSL! Not a f**king clue mate, sorry! May as well be in ancient Hebrew. I never had an issue.
http://portforward.com/ may help.

Haha exactly! I can't believe that EA have this problem yet they don't even seam to acknowledge there is a problem at all.

Tried that site but it doesn't really help much to be honest, it speaks as though you need to set up ports for each game... I tried what it said and still no joy.