ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PS3 Exclusive] The Last of Us

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Thanks to Wilky for this one:

Looks superb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Naughty Dog will be the only ones responsible for creating any decent content for the ever disappointing PS3. Mine rarely gets switched on.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
This may tempt me into getting a ps3. Looks awesome.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
This looks epic. Naughty Dog know how to bring a stunning looking game out. Shame its not out for xmas release.

Golf R/Leon FR
there are enough games out before Xmas, I'm glad it's out next year LOL. My pre-order list is too big now.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I think i'll wait for the reviews before I buy this... GTA V is on the 'will definitely buy', where as this is a bit 5050 atm.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'll definitely get this. Gutted that its being delayed though. Need to find something else to play soon. BF3 is getting on my nerves.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Can't be long now....

Seen this one Google+ from one of the guy's at Naughty Dog.

photo.jpg

I'm looking forward to this, but getting bored now with games trying to be films - thus making the game play and time suffer ... it was great and and groundbreaking on PS1 but now i just want to play a game.... and one thats not 12 hours or less long.

Theres very little reply value in story driven games as is (unless you're a nerd that needs to collect everything) so for the best part of £40 and very little trade in value i want games to last weeks!!! I've resorted to starting games for the first time on hard to make them last.

Not a 320d
I totally disagree with that. For me It HAS to be story driven for me to play it. Games like this are the only ones I find interesting and I very rarely play multi player these days.

Games Like Stalker, Metro, The last Of Us, BF3 Single Player etc I found great. Gears of war or Halo, not forgetting the epic fails Half Life and Half life 2 was were such rubbish.

I can sit down and watch a film. I cant sit down and run round a map with gunz killing other players. Especially when I dont have the brain capability to keep up with 12 year olds who have had tons of practice.

Evo 5 RS
totally contradictary considering BF3 is pretty much just that. It has no story. You bought BF3 for it's SP which approximately 20% of it's content. It's an afterthought. Yet you're slating HL and HL2.

Maybe you're just late to the party, but if you're saying BF3's campaign is in any way better than HL or Halo's, you're a bit special.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Naughty Dog have come out and said this will bring the best multiplayer experience that has ever been out! Big bold statement! I hope it's true though!

I love campaign mode in most games. Some MP is stale. BF3 is getting boring for me now as I didn't like the new map packs. Far Cry is OK, Assassin Creed MP is awful. Uncharted isn't great either so I really do hope that they have thought of something new for this!

Still, I hope there is a good 12 hours plus of campaign in this at least. It should be a single player first and foremost with the MP as a bonus.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
It appears Empire were very naughty and put up a review before the Embargo was lifted. They've since retracted their website review but a few places copied it, includng C&VG.

A fungal plague has devastated humanity, reducing the infected to brutal, mis-shapen wrecks. Two decades on from the outbreak, you play Joel, an emotionally haunted survivor as he guides the young Ellie to a safehouse on the other side of wasteland America. On the surface, the set-up could be pitched as Ico meets The Walking Dead but the execution makes it so much more than that.

The world you'll be travelling is fraught with danger, more often from other humans than from the Infected, but is unerringly beautiful. Nature has reclaimed urban spaces, and the results are stunning. Colour and lighting change with the seasons as the story progresses, and characters' appearances become worn and tired with time. This is easily the best-looking game on PS3.

The gameplay could easily have been a disappointment - broadly a mix of stealth and action, with innumerable sections of waist-high cover shooting, it doesn't immediately offer anything new. Played with a shooter mindset, it doesn't. However, it's in avoiding combat when possible, incapacitating foes and only killing when absolutely, unavoidably necessary that the game stands apart. You'll pause, consider options, listen, always aware that a mis-timed charge into action will prove fatal. You're not playing a superhero, or even anyone as tough as Nathan Drake from Naughty Dog's earlier Uncharted games. You're playing a human, as fragile and vulnerable as any of us. When you are forced to fight, it's short, sharp, shocking, and the game treats violence with almost disgust.

At the heart of the game is the almost parental relationship between Joel and his charge, one brought to life through the best vocal performances yet heard in a video game. The production quality of the game is spectacular but the actors are working at another level. The score, the first Brokeback Mountain's Gustavo Santolalla has composed for games, is also superb, ratcheting up the tension and underscoring the solitude of the world through use of silence as much as bold orchestral moments. There are many cinematic influences at work throughout the game, but it avoids feeling like an interactive movie.

The Last of Us is not just the finest game that Naughty Dog has yet crafted and an easy contender for the best game of this console generation, it may also prove to be gaming's Citizen Kane moment, a masterpiece that will be looked back upon favourably for decades.

5/5

Some bold comments, certainly about it being a contender for best game ever on current gen.

I totally disagree with that. For me It HAS to be story driven for me to play it. Games like this are the only ones I find interesting and I very rarely play multi player these days.

Games Like Stalker, Metro, The last Of Us, BF3 Single Player etc I found great. Gears of war or Halo, not forgetting the epic fails Half Life and Half life 2 was were such rubbish.

I can sit down and watch a film. I cant sit down and run round a map with gunz killing other players. Especially when I dont have the brain capability to keep up with 12 year olds who have had tons of practice.

I think you've missed my point pal, the vast majority of the games i play ARE story driven - that is a good thing. However i don't want to be sat there for 5mins every 15mins worth of game time while i watch some nice looking FMV (that becomes totally redundant after the first play) that takes up so much space that there isn't room for that much GAME PLAY!

Honda. Tesla Someday

Did you just say Halo has a rubbish story / is not story driven??

LMFAO!!!!!!

Halo has one of the biggest story arcs and biggest universes in terms of story! Its only comparable to Star Trek / Star Wars.

Thanks for making me laugh today, its been a cr*p day!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
​OPM UK magazine 10/10 "A work of art in which amazing sights and sounds fuel an emotionally draining, constantly compelling end of days adventure. This is Naughty Dog pushing the PS3 to its limit. Over to you PS4"

Empire online 5/5
"The Last of Us is not just the finest game that Naughty Dog has yet crafted and an easy contender for the best game of this console generation, it may also prove to be gaming’s Citizen Kane moment," "a masterpiece that will be looked back upon favourably for decades."

Edge 10/10
Epic!!!
from Edge Magazine, with the score being revealed as 10/10, making it only the 15th game in the magazine's history to get full marks.

Evo 5 RS
Yeah, was going to say Edge rarely ever praise anything. They slated Golden Eye on N64 when it came out. Only turned out to be one of the greatest games of all time.