ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PS3 Exclusive] The Last of Us

One other concrete example of disingenuous review scores being Call of Duty Ghosts. That game scored almost universally higher than Wolfenstein. LOL! Tragic garbage shooter.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The first flaw being that it was rubbish. Seriously THE most overrated game I've ever played.

Unbelievably tiresome and repetitive. Hour upon hour of rinse & repeat tedium interspersed with a few moments of excitement, then rinse and repeat again. I honestly drew the conclusion that anyone who loved this game was simply buying into the hype. All the more incredible when genuinely brilliant games like Wolfenstein received mediocre critical reviews.

Yes I understand that we all like different things, but I'm not alone in my social circle in thinking that this game received seriously disingenuous scores based on little more than corporate interests.

I agree, but we are in the minority, even with the critics.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Definitely with the critics lol...

IGN 10/10
Eurogamer 10/10
Eurogamer IT/Sp 10/10
Edge 10/10
CVG 10/10
Destructoid 10/10
Gamereactor 10/10
VideoGamer 10/10
thesixaxis 10/10
ibtimes 10/10
PS-Lifestyle 10/10
Digital Spy 10/10
Machinima 10/10
Digital Fix 10/10
Post Arcade 10/10
speciogames 10/10
Gamingbolt 10/10
Godisageek 10/10
OPM 10/10
Pushsquare 10/10
PS-Nation 10/10
Euro gamer PT - 10/10
Giantbomb 5/5
Techdigest 5/5
Gamesradar 5/5
TheMirror 5/5
Guardian 5/5
Telegraph 5/5
Gameblog 5/5
CheatCodeCentral 5/5
Adam Sessler 5/5
Empire - 5/5

I thought it was a great game, top 5 on the PS3... but not the best.

Why would you quote critical acclaim seemingly in a bid to argue against a point suggesting that critical reviews are biased?

Seems a bit pointless.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Wut. No argument from me buddy! I've not been involved in this discussion at all... just remember that being posted elsewhere so thought I'd quote it.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
For me personally it is the best storyline I have played in a game ever. That alone made it worth getting it in my eyes. I can't see me buying it again though.

Goliath I
Definitely with the critics lol...

IGN 10/10
Eurogamer 10/10
Eurogamer IT/Sp 10/10
Edge 10/10
CVG 10/10
Destructoid 10/10
Gamereactor 10/10
VideoGamer 10/10
thesixaxis 10/10
ibtimes 10/10
PS-Lifestyle 10/10
Digital Spy 10/10
Machinima 10/10
Digital Fix 10/10
Post Arcade 10/10
speciogames 10/10
Gamingbolt 10/10
Godisageek 10/10
OPM 10/10
Pushsquare 10/10
PS-Nation 10/10
Euro gamer PT - 10/10
Giantbomb 5/5
Techdigest 5/5
Gamesradar 5/5
TheMirror 5/5
Guardian 5/5
Telegraph 5/5
Gameblog 5/5
CheatCodeCentral 5/5
Adam Sessler 5/5
Empire - 5/5

I thought it was a great game, top 5 on the PS3... but not the best.

Laughable...

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
This worth picking up? I don't have any games on PS4 and am terribly hungover.

Do you go against what the majority say just to be stubborn and get a reaction? Just wondering.

No. But I also don't go with the majority just to be popular. It's a s**t game. Truly awful. I bought it and played it, so I'm entitled to an opinion.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
No. But I also don't go with the majority just to be popular. It's a s**t game. Truly awful. I bought it and played it, so I'm entitled to an opinion.

No, no, thats fair enough. Like I said just wondering, I kept it after I sold the PS3, I gave it my old man for his PS3. I thought it was a great game, as I said above, it's the best single player storyline I have played personally. I don't like it just to be popular.

Yaris Hybrid
So I've got it now and am playing just the DLC as I stated previously.

Absolutely fantastic - but the combat is still sh*te.

If it didn't have the combat or if the combat was just quick time stuff like The Walking Dead game or Beyond Two Souls it would be the best game ever.

But the trial and error stealth crap just turns me off. It drags it down from a 10 to a 8 in my opinion. Each to his own though.

Also what is up with the 30fps mode? I am a PC player and used to 60fps sure but I've played Destiny and loads of games at 30fps and am fine with it.

But the 30fps mode in TLoU is fecked right up. It seems really jerky, kind of like 15 to 20fps?! Don't even get me started on the motion blur!

But yeah the 30fps mode doesn't feel as smooth as 30fps in other games and no it isn't because I've just switched from playing it at 60 and I'm not used to it.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Thing is I remember reading Polygon's review of TLOU at the time where they gave the game 7.5/10 and most people commenting on the website where really shocked by that. I was too at the time when I hadn't actually played it, but just to see such a low score compared to all the above ones I posted. Thing is the reviewer went on to say it's fundamentally a great game, with a brilliant story to tell... but the repetitiveness, closed world and certain glitches let down the overall package for him. That's fair enough, and 7.5/10 certainly isn't a bad score by any count.

But, where you just say it's s**t, it kind of comes across as just generally trolling. I'm sure you don't mean it to come across like that as obviously you're a massive contributor to this forum, just jumping on everyone's positive comments and saying the opposite basically just for the sake of it is very troll like indeed I'm afraid.

I don't really care TBH. In my opinion it's a s**t game. I've played it extensively and drew that conclusion for myself. I suppose I could sugar coat it and say it's 'pretty' s**t lol.

I don't like it and that's as far as it needs to go. Complaining about which words I used to describe its shitness isn't going to change anything. In fact I could counter by saying the lovers are trolling by being offended over someone's opinion of a bloody video game! ;)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
In my opinion it's a s**t game.

That's all you needed to say dude :) the words 'in my opinion' negate any trolling. It's a shame you didn't enjoy it, but each to their own innit! Everyone seems to love Avatar but I thought it was horse s**t. Now get out this thread and stay positive!

It was pretty obvious I was only stating my opinion. But yes I understand. Such is the way of things.

To summarise, a game being repetitive removes all enjoyment, thus rendering it s**t. IMO.

Avatar is an amazing film by the way, so you're obviously a weirdo.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Picked this up. I love the atmosphere of the game, but the AI/shooting mechanics are terrible.

I'll finish it as the story is immense, but Tomb Raider was a better game IMO.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I don't mind the shooting, the one thing I didn't like was the AI totally ignored Ellie, even when they walked right past her, lol!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I don't mind the shooting, the one thing I didn't like was the AI totally ignored Ellie, even when they walked right past her, lol!

Yeah, this annoys me too.

And when you're sneaking past the spastic c**t zombies and some dinlo that you're tagging along with stomps past them and knocks a bin over, but the clicker thing doesn't flinch.

It's a good game though, I'm not an online fan so it's good to have something with a decent story.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Yeah, this annoys me too.

And when you're sneaking past the spastic c**t zombies and some dinlo that you're tagging along with stomps past them and knocks a bin over, but the clicker thing doesn't flinch.

It's a good game though, I'm not an online fan so it's good to have something with a decent story.

LOL, and when you're being sneaky as f**k creeping past enemies and she's having a full on conversation with you. STFU you little jailbait c**t!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Finished the main story yesterday. As annoying as some of the combat parts are, the game was incredible otherwise.

Need to crack on with the DLC now, then might start it again.

Golf Mk5 GTi
That's all you needed to say dude :) the words 'in my opinion' negate any trolling. It's a shame you didn't enjoy it, but each to their own innit! Everyone seems to love Avatar but I thought it was horse s**t. Now get out this thread and stay positive!

Isn't it odd how peoples tastes differ so much. I have recent completed the ps4 version of tLoU, not sure if some of the issues mentioned previously in this thread have been ironed out but I didnt really notice them and thought it was one of the best games I've played. The story, in my opinion, was superb and enjoyed every moment of the game. Based on what ///Munson has said about Wolfenstein I thought I'd try it, picked it up cheap. Really is a superb game, really enjoyed it.

I though Avatar was a pile of steaming horse s**t too!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Completed DLC the other day. Now THAT is how DLC should be done.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Started this earlier on the PS4 as I got it free as a digital download when I bought the console. Looks great up to yet although I did struggle to kill the first set of clickers/zombies.

M2 Comp
Started this earlier on the PS4 as I got it free as a digital download when I bought the console. Looks great up to yet although I did struggle to kill the first set of clickers/zombies.
I've just started it too, I'm finding it quite difficult tbh. Good game though.

Those clickers scare the sh*t out of me 😂

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Spent a few hours on this now and I have to say I'm properly enjoying it, it's been a while since I played a game that good I can't put the controller down.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I finished this the other day, I felt lost not playing it for a few days after then I found out because I had the Remastered version I had some free DLC to play. Got stuck though and rage quit it last night lol.

Clio 182
Just my 2ps worth...

Thought last of us was great. Wish id waited for the remaster version before I played it... but since Im a zombie fan and I'd been reading about it since the early development stages that was never going to happen!

For single player third person action adventure goes it was amazing. Multiplayer is mediocre at best. Is it in my top 5? Maybe not ... But most will not be disappointed with this... Even if it is just for the story.