ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ps3 hard drive help

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi all..

Just a quick question really, ive got an external hard drive for my ps3.

Ive changed the format to FAT32 and ive connected it up, however i cant seem to get the ps3 to save info to the hard drive automatically.

For example..

I want to install something, it comes up and asks if i want to, i say yes..
Then it pops up saying i dont have enough memory to do it? Even though the 250GB hard drive is empty?

Thanks, Liam.

the ps3 can only install stuff to the internal hard drive so if that's full you have to either delete some old game data or buy a bigger 2.5'' sata hard drive for the ps3 as plugging in an external hard drive is just for playing media on the ps3 such as music,photos or video

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
When I changed my hard drive for a 500gb on in my ps3 I had to format my external hard drive on the pc to partitioned FAT32 eg 32gb per section. Then when plugged into the ps3 came up as multiple drives that I could copy data to. I then fitted the 500gb internally and booted the operating system off of a memory stick to format the internal one to FAT32 as the ps3 will format the complete drive. Then had to copy all the files back onto ps3 form external drive.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks guys. Found out that the external drive can not be used as a primary saving source.

Its the slim ps3 i have so i need a caddy along with the new internal hard drive.

Pain in the arse now because ive got no more memory on the ps3 to play my games and i cant use the hard drive :(