ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ps3 or blu ray player

dk

911 GTS Cab
ps3, it does a lot more than just play movies, internet, games, music, avi's, PVR next month etc.

plus the firmware is easily upgradable, i'm pretty sure that bluray player is not compatible with the next features on discs coming out so will be lacking features all too soon, ps3, simple firmware and there you have it. Its also a very capable player, top notch quality.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
PS3, it gets very good review in AV magazines, and you get a free games console !

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
The PS3 is okay, and I use the optional remote control to make it less toy-like, but it is noisy and ugly.

If I'm watching a film late at night I get a little fed up with its noise.

Clio 182 FF
I had the same question, i went for the ps3.
Picture quality is superb. the load up of the films is quick compared to my mates £600 panasonic.

as for the noise, this was discussed elsewhere on the forum and ive not heard a peep from mine even after 2 hours game play then watching a movie. Although mine is well ventalated in the living room.

end of day your decision.

ps3 will not play region 1 films (although many films are multi regional anyway) http://bluray.liesinc.net/

a burnt one
Never heard a peep from my ps3, i often have it on for 12 hours solid when im doing an all-nighter on a sunday, and apart from when the fan kicks in every few hours, (which is still only a gentle whirr) its as quiet as a mouse.

Dont watch much blu-rays but i do have planet earth box set and it is breathtakingly gorgeous in all its high def glory.

Another vote for PS3 here, especially since it is wirelessly updateable. Upscales DVDs so much better than my £400 DVD player from a few years back too.