ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 Query...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Which of these is the best package (regardless of cost) :

PS3 Slim 250GB with Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet and Killzone 2
PS3 Slim 250GB with Uncharted 2, inFamous and God of War Collection
PS3 Slim 250GB with Uncharted 2, Little Big Planet and inFamous
PS3 Slim 250GB with Uncharted 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Little Big Planet

I haven't played any of the above games, other than a short experience on God of War on the PS2 (it's a direct HD port to the PS3, along with God of War II - great reviews).

Uncharted 2 is part of the console deal, but I can mix and match other games. I fancy LBP because of the depth and I believe I can play it locally with the missus (she's not that into console games but I think this could turn her). The other games I'm completely unsure about as I've only read reviews (all of which have scored great, hence the choices!)

Oh, and also, can the PS3 play imported games without being modded?

Cheers :cool:

I'd go for the bottom one, my brothers got LBP and he plays that with his mate non-stop,

Im fairly sure hes got the 4th of the Metal Gear games and it looks amazing.

Hes also got inFamous and that looked pretty good - choose your own path whether you go evil or good IIRC.

E87 118d M Sport
the last deal is the best scutch.

Uncharted 2 is probably the best game ive ever played.
MGS4 is amazing!!! most cinematic game ever imo.
Little Big Planet it VERY addictive and your mrs will LOVE it!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Isn't MGS4 cutscene heavy, though? I really can't be arsed sitting through hours of cutscenes. Or at least, I don't think I can - unless it's a top quality game, which I believe it is?

I heard the first video segment is 40 minutes long and you can't skip it? True?

E87 118d M Sport
if youve not played it before, you wont want to skip it. i cant remember exactly, but i think the cutscenes total 90 mins. so youve basically completed a game in amongst a film. and cinematically, it is better than most films tbh

have you played any of the other MGS games?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I have mate, and enjoyed them, TBH. Will read the reviews again later on, as that was a last gasp option I've just added this morning! :)

E87 118d M Sport
if youve played the others and enjoyed them, then i would honestly say that you NEED to play this one. is the best in the series. graphically stunning, story is excellent.

the controls arent the easiest, and take a while to get used to, but feel natural when you have learnt them.
the game starts by "chucking you in at the deep end" so you probably wont like it until a few hours in mind.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
you can skip all the cut scenes in mgs just press start, 3rd option ftw

Killzone 2 is very good but has too many bad points. Probably the most unevenly balanced, frustrating, and downright annoying shooter Ive ever played. It's also quite short, but is made longer by cheating the player.

LBP is good but I quickly got bored.

Uncharted 2 is immense.

Top deal for me.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Killzone 2 is very good but has too many bad points. Probably the most unevenly balanced, frustrating, and downright annoying shooter Ive ever played. It's also quite short, but is made longer by cheating the player.

LBP is good but I quickly got bored.

Uncharted 2 is immense.

Top deal for me.

Yeah I've just been reading the Killzone 2 thread, and noticed how infuriated you were at times, then back to loving it before being p*ssed off again :cool:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Think I'm gonna opt for Uncharted 2, LBP and MGS4. Been reading the review on IGN of MGS4. Well, I say review, maybe I should say w*nkfest. LOL. 9.9/10

Clear 10 for me ;)

Scutch to skip a cut scene press start and then the select button which skips it.

I would have to suggest giving them ago first as they are epic, if somewhat lengthy at times, one was nearly 30 mins long.

The cinematics however of when Raiden was taking on the two legged cow things was nothing short of brilliance and easily a match to the best film directors.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Has it not got lost in the batch of great games that have come out recently? Obviously it won't be dated as such, but maybe even a little poor in comparison to the new breed?

After reading the reviews I'm looking forward to it, and I have no idea what to expect from Uncharted 2.

E87 118d M Sport
uncharted 2 is THE best game you will of ever played.
slight problem with not playing the firstm but not ESSENTIAL.

it is stunning on every level, and gripping for every minute of the 12 odd hours taken to complete. this also has a good hour of cut scenes.

Has it not got lost in the batch of great games that have come out recently? Obviously it won't be dated as such, but maybe even a little poor in comparison to the new breed?

After reading the reviews I'm looking forward to it, and I have no idea what to expect from Uncharted 2.

When MGS4 came out there wasn't much at all worth getting on the PS3, so its fair to say it was the first truly great game of the system.

That may have influenced some Reviewers?

I would MGS4 is a standalone masterpiece and will more than hold its own against the current crop.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
MGS4 is the reason I bought a PS3.

I finished the game and sold the console. Take from that what you will.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I can see Christophers point, TBH. As a games console with shared format games, I would choose the 360 version over the PS3. That's just personal choice. The PS3 seems to suffer a lot more than the 360 from direct porting, certainly graphically. Some games are utterly awesome, though. In that respect, I'm looking more towards the unique games for the PS3, and I think they'll keep me going for a while :

Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 2
Little Big Planet
Killzone 2
inFamous
Wipeout HD
GT5
God of War 3

There'll be plenty more, too, which is only good for the future, especially considering quite a few folk are saying the PS3 is future proof whereas the 360 will need an upgrade soon. It also has Blu-Ray which I'm hoping to find worthwhile (ain't seen a B-R movie yet, but will be getting a couple for Christmas, too). The media centre and USB functionality is impressive, and it's also the only true HD console, AFAIK?

I'm really looking forward to it, mainly for Uncharted 2 and now MGS4 as I'm going in blind as a complete n00b, but also for the everything else I've mentioned above, including the other games.

:cool:

You should also pick up a copy of Motorstorm Pacific Rift. It's a very very good game indeed. Not to mention the original Uncharted Drakes Fortune before you play the sequel.

Octy VRS
Christopher said:
MGS4 is the reason I bought a PS3.

I finished the game and sold the console. Take from that what you will.
Not really a valid point, MGS4 was a year and a half ago.

182 Cup
Sounds like not for long :) I bought the first uncharted yesterday I'm loving it can't wait to finish it and get the 2nd

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Not really a valid point, MGS4 was a year and a half ago.

Apart from Uncharted, which I don't like, and LBP, which is dull after an hour... I didn't really see a reason to buy another.

Edit: Uncharted 2 is the gay, running-around-a-jungle simulator, right?

Octy VRS
Yes the gay one. You are entitled to your wrong opinion though. I'd think most would go with gamerankings 96% average.

I didn't like LBP either. We agree on something.

Octy VRS
It is a very good game to be fair. Looks and feels great. I just don't like platformers, never have. The online aspect is very good as there are literally hundreds of user created levels.