ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 recommendations?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Chaps,

Kinda late to the PS3 - but couldn't refuse when one came up cheap!

I'm after a few suggestions - in particular exclusives to the platform that AREN'T fps games. I've more chance of controlling fps games with my todger on a pad compared to the winning input of keyboard and mouse.

I've got GT5 and GT6. I've heard Unchartered and The Last of Us are good? Any other suggestions and/or links to where they can be bought?

Cheers,
D.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Little Big Planet 1 & 2 (good respite gaming - plus Stephen Fry commentating through it. Really fun game)
Heavy Rain
Uncharted 1,2,3
The Last of Us gets good reviews although I didnt think it was great.

I would head down to your local CEX. I got LittleBigPLanet 1 & 2 for about a fiver I think. Otherwise Ebay or HUKD are your friend.

F82 M4
God of War 3 and Ascension. I've not played Ascension but if it's anything like 3 it'll be very good indeed :)

All the uncharted's are excellent, as is TLOU. Just the lack of a party chat feature annoyed me for a while, but switching to a PC & skype solved that problem haha.

Also Playstation+ is excellent as you are rewarded afew free games a month iirc, and they are usually decent titles :)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Best games for me were Uncharted 2, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider & Grand Theft Auto 5.

Bioshock Infinite was fantastic, but is a FPS... Portal 2 was one of the most original games I've played in over 10 years. Really, really good, it's first person, but a puzzle game, not strictly a shooter, does that count!?

172, Focus
Red dead redemption was awesome, also Ghostbusters was pretty decent if you are a fan of the franchise.

If you fancy ruining your underwear then check out dead space...

RS Clio 182
Wipeout HD and its 'Fury' add-on were brilliant. Quite underrated i think - definatly in the top 3 racing games on the system.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers all! There are quite a few mentioned there that I have on PC - Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite are two that I've noticed. I've got Dead Space (various ones) too. I'm definitely taken by TLOU and and really liked one of the GoW games on the PSP - so I'll keep an eye out for them. :)

Any co-op games worth looking at? I got Diablo 3 on the 360 and my girlfriend loved it - we played it right through. That Lara Croft game (Guardian of Light?) is one we're currently on. Any games like that, she likes. I even thought of getting that Mickey Mouse one as she's a fan of Disney - lol! :eek:

D.

I agree with most of the recommendations so far uncharted 123 are a must so is the last of us infamous 1 & 2 are really good gran turismo 5&6, heavy rain,red dead redemption,grand theft auto 4 & 5 also i really enjoyed saints row 2 & 3 have not played 4 but give that a try also

banther

ClioSport Club Member
The LEGO games?

Me and the GF completed Star Wars Trilogy, Harry Potter and Indiana Jones.

Great for Co-op as you both have to actually do stuff in order to progress.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Nabbed Heavy Rain off eBay for around £7. Looking forward to giving that a try.

Also started to download Uncharted 3 via the PlayStation Store. Only went for the initial £5.49 month membership, so I've got literally 4 weeks to play it - lol.

D.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I have far cry 3 lying around if you want a cheap copy! Brilliant game also.

F82 M4
Also started to download Uncharted 3 via the PlayStation Store. Only went for the initial £5.49 month membership, so I've got literally 4 weeks to play it - lol.

D.

Such a great game. Although I did prefer the 2nd one, but only because it's close to perfection for a computer game. :)

Uncharted 1, 2, 3
Heavy Rain
Infamous 1, 2
Little Big Planet
The Last of Us (& Left Behind DLC)

All stunning ps3 exclusive (I think..) games. If I had to pick one, it would definately be The Last of Us.

F82 M4
Uncharted 1, 2, 3
Heavy Rain
Infamous 1, 2
Little Big Planet
The Last of Us (& Left Behind DLC)

All stunning ps3 exclusive (I think..) games. If I had to pick one, it would definately be The Last of Us.

Can't believe I haven't played The Last of Us yet. I bought it on release too lol.

PC gaming takes up all my time. I've racked up 1,900 hours of Dota 2 since last February :eek:

The Last of Us is an overrated turd of a game. Literally rubbish. Anyone rating this high on any list must be very easily pleased.

Can't believe I haven't played The Last of Us yet. I bought it on release too lol.

PC gaming takes up all my time. I've racked up 1,900 hours of Dota 2 since last February :eek:

How have you clocked that many hours in a year? Don't work? Don't sleep?!

Repetitive and irritating in the extreme. It had some quite cool sections, that's about the most positive thing I could say about it. The negatives are too numerous to bother debating here.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
The Last of Us is an overrated turd of a game. Literally rubbish. Anyone rating this high on any list must be very easily pleased.

You mean everyone in the world then lol?

IGN 10/10
Eurogamer 10/10
Eurogamer IT/Sp 10/10
Edge 10/10
CVG 10/10
Destructoid 10/10
Gamereactor 10/10
VideoGamer 10/10
thesixaxis 10/10
ibtimes 10/10
PS-Lifestyle 10/10
Digital Spy 10/10