ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ps3

ok, i have lots of colleagues in Japan, so im hoping they can just send one over for me!

but i have a few thoughts

1) do i have to get an invertor?
2) do i have to get a pal one?
3) will the OS be in jap!

what are teh proper importers doing to get around this?

thanks!

GP

Evo 8 Jap Crap
You cant get pal at the moment pal is the uk one.

You dont need an invertor as the power supplies in the PS3 are universal.

You can change the language in the settings to english

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The Japanese one has settings in the hardware which disable effects in games iirc, such as gore and the like.

yeah lets hope so!! many thanks everyone!

im going to hook it up to a projector anyhow so i dont need to worry about pal and ntsc

all i want is that GT HD demo! can i just download that?

also, when the come out in the uk, can i just put the uk games in it?

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Yes you can play the uk games but some features on the games will be disabled as you have a jap ps3 :(

Revels Mum & Sister
The Japanese one has settings in the hardware which disable effects in games iirc, such as gore and the like.

Not in the hardware, several people have allready got round this on Resistance with a Save Game from the US version.

No Invertor needed
PAL and NTSC is really neglible anyway due to using HDMI etc. All games are region free and it will play US and Jap Blu-Rays and most of the UK ones at the moment but this may change with regards to the films

As soon as you turn it on it lets you choose the language

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Cool. Have to say, GT looks the Poodles Pump Handle. That vid the other day of the Evo IV was superb.

Revels Mum & Sister
I posted some Screens for GT HD the other day

To download GT HD just create a Fake US, HK or Jap account and then its a free download

Lee

BMW M2C
Finally got around to setting one up today.

GT HD is nice, I'll borrow one just to play that. The replays as always look amazing but in game isn't all that special. It's nice don't get me wrong, but not exactly out of this world.

F1 is total shite and looks it as well as playing it.

Motorstorm is okay but I'm sure I'd get bored if I played it for long.

Resistance is also shite.

Still....I'll play GT5 no matter what as I love the GT series. I just need to get my Logitech wheel back.

Chris, you won't believe this, the miserable sods at Sony lock out the online shop on the Dev kits and test kits.

Citroen DS3 DSport
They always make s**t F1 games which pisses me off cause Sony hold the console license for F1 :(

So the ingame GT HD graphics are not as good as the demo vid that was posted here?

Clio_Smart
Dont think anyone on here got a PS3 the odd person might have one.

I think they have xbox 360 and loving it on HD so no need for a PS3.

Lee

BMW M2C
Dont think anyone on here got a PS3 the odd person might have one.

I think they have xbox 360 and loving it on HD so no need for a PS3.

I've got 36 of the buggers cluttering up the place!!

Last edited:
  Revels Mum & Sister
Finally got around to setting one up today.

GT HD is nice, I'll borrow one just to play that. The replays as always look amazing but in game isn't all that special. It's nice don't get me wrong, but not exactly out of this world.

F1 is total s**te and looks it as well as playing it.

Motorstorm is okay but I'm sure I'd get bored if I played it for long.

Resistance is also s**te.

Still....I'll play GT5 no matter what as I love the GT series. I just need to get my Logitech wheel back.

Chris, you won't believe this, the miserable sods at Sony lock out the online shop on the Dev kits and test kits.

That sucks bigtime about locking it out why do they do this?

Resistance is s**t, surprisingly Motorstorm doesnt get boring it really is great!

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
So which would you say is better
PS3 or 360?

Or are they both on the same level

Lee

BMW M2C
From the few things I've seen on the PS3 I'd say it's got a lot more to give, it's just a matter of whether people will be able to make use of it. The joypad lets it down though. It's the same as the old PS2 one only the triggers are different, it's wireless and has no weight to is due to having no rumble.

I don't like the menus though and it won't stand a chance of topping the online goodness of Xbox Live.

I expect there will be enough decent games on each to warrent owning both.

I'm still happy with my Wii60 combo for now.