ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS5

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Why the short supply?.
Scalpers and bots are the majority of the cause. So long as there is money to be made from muppets paying scalpers prices it will remain an issue. Also, 7 months down the line there are still now "must buy" PS5 games.

I occasionally play Wreckfest on mine. Thats it.

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member
Earlier in the week I woke up about 03:30 needing a piss and as I got back into the bedroom saw the phone light up. Tapped it and it said PS5 in stock at Argos! Thought yes this is the one! Who else is awake at this time... however straight away out of stock. Refreshed 10 times and never came into stock. Couldn't be bothered wasting my time carrying on forever so went back to sleep.

Woke in the morning and looked at the Twitter comments, from about 30 people. It would seem about 50% of those did get hold of one in the end. Oh well; bring on 2022 🤯
Argos release stock store by store. I got mine as part of a 2.30am drop. Didn't hit my local store until around 3.25am, Joining discord servers and having the pages loaded with payment details and accounts signed in helped me massively.

Although as said before, compared to my Pro, there's minimal if any difference and the game catalogue doesn't back up the huge demand.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've only played Bugsnax and Astros Playroom that are PS5 exclusive.

Warzone loads quicker than my mates on PS4 (standard ones I think) I've backed out of games before thinking I was going solo in quads etc, they were still waiting to get into the Heli.

Big difference with the new TV though for graphics. Assassin's creed looks really good, I'll start the new spiderman soon too, that's supposed to be incredible on the PS5.

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member
Minimal difference in gaming over the pro?
In graphical comparison, until they release newer games with next gen graphics as opposed to being a bit sharper then if you've got the ps4 pro it really isn't worth it.

Plus unless you're tv/monitor is upto the specs you're paying for something you'll get a lot less benefit out of. And there isn't much tv/monitor wise on the market currently and if it is, the price tag is huge

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member

Warzone loads quicker than my mates on PS4 (standard ones I think) I've backed out of games before thinking I was going solo in quads etc, they were still waiting to get into the Heli.

Big difference with the new TV though for graphics. Assassin's creed looks really good, I'll start the new spiderman soon too, that's supposed to be incredible on the PS5.
I'm a little let down with how few games were ready for the release.

You'd think they'd hold the console back to release them together to show off and compliment them.

They do 100% load a lot faster and the sharpness is better, but everytime I turn it on, I'm not convinced it's £450 better

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

Yeah mate has a standard ps4. We can be jumping out the plane and he will be added lol

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not convinced it's £450 + extras better off but pair it with a high spec TV/monitor and it's superb. Really looking forward to BF2042 on it.
Wasn't overly impressed with the metal dinosaur game but I bet the next one will be able to show off what it can do.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
, I'll start the new spiderman soon too, that's supposed to be incredible on the PS5.
You mean look incredible. I've just played it on ps4 and it was like a $2 rehash of the original.
The only game that may make me want a ps5 is horizon 2 but it'll have to be more than a bit better looking than the ps4 version to be worth the extra £1200 for a new PlayStation and TV!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
You mean look incredible. I've just played it on ps4 and it was like a $2 rehash of the original.
The only game that may make me want a ps5 is horizon 2 but it'll have to be more than a bit better looking than the ps4 version to be worth the extra £1200 for a new PlayStation and TV!
*£1650 to make the most of the HDMI 2.1. Wife says it looke exactly the same, just a bit bigger 😒

I didn't buy Spiderman, it was a father's Day present so I'll give Joseph a kicking if it's s**t.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I got a new OLED TV, Sonos soundbar, HDMI 2.1 cable to go with the PS5 🤩 this is months worse of purchases all building up... haven't installed anything yet until I'm ready to go with my new build. Want to turn it all on for the first time in one go to get that wow moment. But considering I'm building my own setup now it's still going to take some time unfortunately.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I should have got my TV straight away tbh but I didn't. I ended up playing the ps5 on a 1080 TV until this week and I picked mine up at launch.

Haven't got space for a soundbar or surround sound etc but it's still nice.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
If you're genuinely trying to get one and still havnt managed to bag one you're not trying hard enough 😂

Theres constant drops of stock now.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
If you're genuinely trying to get one and still havnt managed to bag one you're not trying hard enough 😂

Theres constant drops of stock now.
I check most days but never seem to have any luck

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Sign up to one of the notification accounts on Twitter... that's how I got mine. I mean, it still took me 3 months but wouldn't have stood a chance otherwise. Managed to use their tips and get it in my basket within 3 seconds of the drop.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Just got one from Amazon this morn, looks like they're becoming quite easy to get now, they were in stock for BT broadband customers all day yesterday and stayed in stock for a good hour at Argos yesterday.

Didn't have any online queue refreshing nonsense.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I got one on release day.

Set it up etc. Not turned it on since! LOL #facepalm

tbh only bought it for when GTA comes out...

jonno_c

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T6
When the f**k will you be able to just buy one of these on a whim - I can't believe how hard they are to still get hold of. It's madness!

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 11.53.41.png

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think you'll get them on a whim before 2022, but they're getting easier, you have to stock monitor still but it's not a mad rush, this morning a Twitter account put Amazon have stock so I just went to Amazon and bought it, no queues or refreshing or in your basket but can't order shite.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
There's a revised model coming out next year isn't there?

Some changes to the chips to speed up production and cut thermal load during games?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I’ll be honest, software catalogue is poor at best and that’s coming from someone who has always owned an Xbox.

I’ve played God of War, Last of Us series, Uncharted series and Resident Evil Village and nothing else at the minute takes my fancy. Looking forward to replaying GTA though.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
These new ps5 controllers are so s**t. So mainly from playing warzone and fifa I've had a controller with stick drift, and another controller with a 'sticky' x button straight out the box.
One of my mates is now also getting terrible stick drift.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
These new ps5 controllers are so s**t. So mainly from playing warzone and fifa I've had a controller with stick drift, and another controller with a 'sticky' x button straight out the box.
One of my mates is now also getting terrible stick drift.
Its because they used the cheapest sticks the could literally get their hands on apparently. Touches wood, I've not have issues with either of my 2 and my boy is the same.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Thankfully amazon replace them no questions asked but it's really not good especially as I'll be approaching the year owned mark.

RS Clio 182
The new pad was the strongest asset of the PS5 imo - feels much better quality than the PS4 one. Games like PES feel so good with it.

F82 M4
Does this do anyone else's tits in?

20210831_112350.jpg

I've decided to Platinum all the Resident Evil games, but hate that they include DLC in the percentage tab. I really CBA to do the DLC because some of them are just plain silly. It just looks messy to me, I want it to show 100% :(