ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PSP's, worth it?

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
I never use my PS2 because the TV is to small and i hate being in hidden away in my room. I was thinking of trading in my PS2 or selling it privately and getting my self a PSP, which i can use anywhere in the house and whilst out and about if i want. Plus, i can then watch movies etc on the go.

Those of you that have them, what do you think of them? Are they worth it?

Cheers

Ant

Mk2 Golf GTI
I like mine even though there are very few games for it at the moment that i'm bothered about buying. Got the new GTA and need for speed most wanted and they're doing me for now.

But i'm sure there will be good games coming out. You can rip DVDs to a memory card if you have one big enough but i haven't found out how to do this yet. The UMD movie quality is really good though, just buy some decent headphones for it

i got mine for xmas, its a bit of a gimmick to be honest, but i have started playing ridge racer, and i turned it on yesterday, and the battery ran out before i stopped (was full when i started)

i have also got music/photos etc on mine, but cant work out how to get a video on it..

also recieved my free Spiderman the other day, really good quality, but tbh, i wouldnt buy another umd movie..

though i have 4 games, so hooked on ridge racer lol

spirez said:
I like mine even though there are very few games for it at the moment that i'm bothered about buying. Got the new GTA and need for speed most wanted and they're doing me for now.

But i'm sure there will be good games coming out. You can rip DVDs to a memory card if you have one big enough but i haven't found out how to do this yet. The UMD movie quality is really good though, just buy some decent headphones for it

which headphones u reckon are best mate? i heard about shure ones a while back on here, was thinkin about gettin them..

6/468 17poo
Depends if you travel alot, eg use the train as its great for that!otherwise you probly wont use it much as some of the games are annoying cos the screen is too small!

but its still an amazing bit of kit if uv got a spare pennies!ive got gta, ssx, king kong and first need for speed and the quality of the games are on ps2 level with graphics and gameplay!

you need to weigh up the pros and cons and decide whether ul actually use it!!!

Ryan

Mk2 Golf GTI
I haven't took mine out of the house once but i still think its worth it! Just becasue it's portable doesn't mean you have to take it out with you!

Nothing better than minigunning a load of cops in GTA whilst i'm sitting down having a sh*t!

Focus ST-2
justinRT said:
i got mine for xmas, its a bit of a gimmick to be honest, but i have started playing ridge racer, and i turned it on yesterday, and the battery ran out before i stopped (was full when i started)

i have also got music/photos etc on mine, but cant work out how to get a video on it..

also recieved my free Spiderman the other day, really good quality, but tbh, i wouldnt buy another umd movie..

though i have 4 games, so hooked on ridge racer lol

download pspvideo 9, i have put a whole series of everybody loves raymond on it, and watch it at lunch at work. 2 psp's now, one broke, didn't think i would buy another one but i found a use for it. recommend getting the 4 gb harddrive or a 2 gb card.

Mégane RS
beatjunkie said:
Depends if you travel alot, eg use the train as its great for that!otherwise you probly wont use it much as some of the games are annoying cos the screen is too small!

Agreed, got rid of mine a month after as i didnt use it at all

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
justinRT said:
which headphones u reckon are best mate? i heard about shure ones a while back on here, was thinkin about gettin them..

Stick to Sennheiser mate, ive got MX500's in Ipod white for my MP3 player and HD25's for my hifi both of them are brilliant

Mk2 Golf GTI
justinRT said:

Yeah i bought Shure E3 headphones and i think they're the shyt! Excellent sound quality and good for when you're on the move, especially if you dont want bulky headphones. They isolate a hell of a lot of sound too and don't fall out of your ear. Paid £80 for mine though so depends how much you wanna spend.

Senny HD25's are good but bulky headphones aren't always practical if you're gonna be moving about a lot. I've also got a pair of Pioneer HDJ1000s for home use, another great headphone but not as resilient as the HD25

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B
you spend time choosing headphones? jees lol i just make do with the boggo ones, im not that fussed : didnt know it weas a science lol

yeah the PSP headphones a rubbish, to put it lightly, 90db max or somethin, plus they dont fit my ears very well.. i have the W800i in ear ons, which i think are good, but am looking for a better set for my ipod/psp

Mk2 Golf GTI
mattrt said:
you spend time choosing headphones? jees lol i just make do with the boggo ones, im not that fussed : didnt know it weas a science lol

No it's just common sense, you get what you pay for.

That's like saying, 'you spend time choosing tyres? jees lol i just make do with boggo budget ones'