ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ptfe gaskets what are they?

clio 172 cup
As above can someone explain what they are and why they are better than standard gaskets. Thanks

Ph1
Theres a big thread on this somewhere. Have a search for the details matey.

Theory is good but in reality does it make any difference to performance, honestly?

3 Series touring
ptfe polytetraflouroethene , is teflon , the non stick stuff in frying pans, is very resistant to corrosion etc so will last longer...plus othere mechanical reasons i dont understand (a level chemistry FTW)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
the PTFE is designed to stop the heat transfer between the cylinder head and the inlet manifold, hence reducing the intake temps and giving better throttle responce.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
the PTFE is designed to stop the heat transfer between the cylinder head and the inlet manifold, hence reducing the intake temps and giving better throttle responce.

cant see how they would improve throttle responce but they do reduce inlet temps by quite a bit, i got good results from mine!

E39 M5 & Corsa track
Thats a quote from a few of my customers who have them, i believe it to be when in slow moving traffic the car picks up better.... maybe?

i still have a few sets of these in stock.

Golf V6 4Motion
Thats well expensive - I purchased my PTFE Gaskets with my matched inlets from JAM-sport for an extra £30 :S

With your inlets this is a discounted cost - as in all in one cost from a trader.

Of course if anyone wants to buy x10 sets then of course I'll give you discount!

One-off sales are always more expensive as expected. And actually £40 is well cheap in comparison to other things on the market - i.e. gizzmo thermal intake gasket for a pulsar is approx £70-80 - from me £25!

Cheers!