ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ptfe inlet manifold gasket advice

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi fitting some upgraded inlets soon,is a new standard renault gasket ok or are the ptfe ones bette,or a waste of money

thanks alex

they are good as an insulator from the head, however the inlet sits on top of the engine and absorbs heat that way, so the gains would be very marginal
but they do withstand removal and refitting better than standard gaskets

imo not worth it unless you are boosted and producing a lot of heat from pressure

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've got ptfe gaskets on mine as they came as part of the matched inlet package,
you buying those matched inlets or going with the standard RS ones?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi dave getting used jamsports off someone,just wondered what gasket was best tbh

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Well the main advantage of ptfe (other than not absorbing heat) is they don't get all bent and distorted when removing and refitting the inlets,
whereas the metal ones can leak a little when they get distorted, but they're not exactly expensive so it's personal choice really.

Glad you managed to get some on the second hand market, this place really comes in handy sometimes.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
thankyou renaults are 20ish trade,or ptfe 32 ,dont know if its worth the extra 12 quid?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
juts ordered them thanks again,as my inlet isnt rs stamped i should quote notice something hopefully

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
On their own i'm not so sure, but as a package of induction, matched inlets, decent exhaust and remap,
you will have optimised what the car has and definitely feel the difference.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi having no rs stamped inlet,the matched ones will make no difference at all then?