ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pulley part number

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Can any of you knowledgeable chaps tell me the part number of the auxiliary lower idler pulley for a 172, mine is noisy but my belt and tensioner was only done last year. No idea why this wasnt changed but while I have the alternator out I might as well do it.

If anyone has a good used one that would do too

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
There has been a few kits from Renault where the pulley has been missing, so that's probably why it wasn't changed.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
There has been a few kits from Renault where the pulley has been missing, so that's probably why it wasn't changed.
Thanks James, I managed to find a genuine pulley on Ebay but no bolt, ok to reuse?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Looks like I need to jack the engine up to line up the pulley bolt with a hole in the chassis leg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Looks like I need to jack the engine up to line up the pulley bolt with a hole in the chassis leg

Yeah, you may have to unbolt the dogbone to be able to jack the engine up. Depends how high you need to move it.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Only about 40mm by the looks of it. Any idea of the torque setting for it?