ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Puncture

PH1 172
My drivers side tyre is as flat as a pancake. Got it off the car last night and had a look and found a nail. Hopefully this should be repqirable as it's near the centre and not the wall. Is there any reason why this won't be repairable as the nail head is only about 2-3mm so not a big hole?

I think 'repairable' tyres are a massive conspiracy.

Whenever I've taken one to be repaired, the convo goes like this..

'I have a puncture, can you repair it please, it's not near the edge'
'Of course, Sir. Just wait right there'

*10mins later*

'I'm afraid we aren't able to repair the tyre due to the rotation of the moon, the gravitational pull and the pink one from the Care Bears says it's not allowed, we can offer you a selection of tyres from the shelf though'

:dapprove:

I've had a similar experience every time we've had a puncture (never on my cars, thankfully/fingers crossed/touches wood).

No reason why not but a lot of companies seem to be very wary of you coming back as ghost saying you were killed after your tyre exploded due to the repair... Oh, that and a new tyre costs £50+ where as a quick fix is more like £10.

I work at a warehouse where I have to drive through the yard each day. As such I pick up punctures at an alarming rate (which makes buying the spare wheel-less 182 a stroke of genius on my part!). I have yet to have a single puncture that was repairable.

I've heard legend of punctures being repaired. Never seen it happen though.

if they say you need a new tyre whip this out and do it yourself!!!
36.1297.png

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I paid £6 for mine - did it in 20 mins while I waited - was fine for years!

PH1 172
Punture got repaired and cost me £17.50 and done it while I waited 15mins. Can't complain about price as it saved me approx £60-70 for a new tyre :)

I paid £6 for mine - did it in 20 mins while I waited - was fine for years!

Wish it had been your price though lol

Westy. MX5
Should be able to repair that, as long as you haven't driven on the flat tyre. Try Larkins up by the Church.

Monaco Blue 172
I think 'repairable' tyres are a massive conspiracy.

Whenever I've taken one to be repaired, the convo goes like this..

'I have a puncture, can you repair it please, it's not near the edge'
'Of course, Sir. Just wait right there'

*10mins later*

'I'm afraid we aren't able to repair the tyre due to the rotation of the moon, the gravitational pull and the pink one from the Care Bears says it's not allowed, we can offer you a selection of tyres from the shelf though'

:dapprove:
i am not looking forward to this conversation... been googling and some ppl have said that high speed ratings >V should not be repaired for safety reasons ??? no doubt that will be ringing in my ears tmrw. have seen the etyres graph thing tho and that gives me hope!
i've had this slow puncture pretty much from new, thought the alloy might be wonked from a pothole, but today i found the nail :cry:

Clio rs200
Same thing happened to me so I bought a spare alloy saved me
Alot of hassle cause there's no chance I would use the foam
And ruin a repairable tyre

Selling my spare if any 1 intrested rs200 anthracite 17"