ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Punto HGT Spec!!

Pikey Truck

Would anyone be kind enuf to tell me what engine the punto hgt has under the bonnet...?

i seen 1 today and it has full discs thort it must be quite quick for that..

Yaris Hybrid

130bhp.

127 per tonne.

Evo have it down as 8.0 to 60, 25.3 to 100. Thats independently tested as well by the way.

Top speed is around 127, think thats Fiats figure though but it sounds consistent with the power output.

Polo + Micra

i remember seeing VBH testing one and said it was about the same pace as a vts.

and the most she got out of it was 127mph and that was screwing the nuts off it

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by ChrisE on 15 April 2005
sounds quite a quick car...cheers dude

Awful cars mate.. Was in PuntoSports (GT2 myself) and saw plenty of HGTs. Quick and car do not belong in the same sentance when discussing the HGT but I guess it depends what you are used to.

2005 Impreza WRX STI

good value for money tho!can get 2000/2001 ish plates for 4-5k. have sat nav,alloys,cd,air con,electrics,bodykits,nice interiors..?

I owned my HGT for 2 years before getting a Clio. I enjoyed every minute of owning the car. Not exactly pocket rocket, but a very well packaged and spect car for not a lot of money. How many cars of that size have traction, air con, sat nav, abs, multi cd, alloys, alarm, etc...... as standard.

Only gripe the insurance, grp 15 for F^cks sake.

Trophy 263 + 265

i had a yellow HGT before the clio 182
the wife has it now still a very good car lots of toys and a nice interior for your cash.
never had any problems with ours, not in the same league as a 182 but you will struggle to find a car for that sort of money that is better.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

If youre getting one on the second hand market, watch out as I know of one which was sold from a dealer without the standard Sat Nav being included, it was taken from the auction at which the dealers company bought the thing from.

Yaris Hybrid

Yeah I have met these on the road and they are not even close to a 182 but 8 seconds to 60 is still a rapid car in most peoples books and they are pretty cheap.

Elise/VX220/R26

very nice motor and very pretty. I used to have a 1.4 SX and that was well specced, although economy was madness at 20 mpg! apparently a "feature" of the cars. HGT is fine though IMO a superb motor

had punto hgt for year before i got 182!! difference is like night and day!!

punto had decent interior, quite nippy 135bhp wi induction kit and exhaust, crappy ride bumpy as hell and the worst handling!!

182 is nice inside/outside, amazingly quick and awesome ride going round corners like its on rails!!

suprisingly mpg for the 2 cars is practicly the same!!!

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

My boss has just bought one-he thought it would be a match for mine but its miles behind!