ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

purchased megane 225 pistons

clio 182
I have just purchased megane 225 pistons the rings are worn on them but I change the rings anyhow when put into my clio for turbo just a query ? Is anything I should use/change to these when fitting I know they can en safely at 270 bhp but will I need uprated valves? Etc...

clio 182
i havent bought an engine yet to fit them too, atm ill buying all turbo parts to build myself a conversion,
My plan is :
Megane Pistons/rods with arp rod bolts
gt2860r turbo
Log manifold from clio turbo and all oil feed kits etc...
forge type 7 intercooler
supertech springs with uprated valves
gen 90 ecu,
610cc injectors,

i am looking to safely do around 270-280bhp - will i need the ktec uprated fuel pump and fuel rail etc with this setup or can i still use the standard fuel setup? would a boost controller be helpful with this too?

once this is done i will then use my original n/a engine to build a forged engine, but tbh other sides of me is saying 270 bhp will be fun enough and will be reliable too.

can i also run antilag on these builds?

340i
I would have the block re-honed, new piston rings, bottom end rotating assembly balanced (you might as well while it's in pieces).

Cylinder head and bottom end mating faces decked and skimmed and pressure tested.

Chemical cleaning, lick of paint etc.

Then just build the motor up... If you are running standard cams I wouldn't bother with supertech valve springs, OEM is more than good enough.

clio 182
Where can I get a ph1 fuel setup etc? ..... I will be getting the block re honed etc... The pistons have arrived and look in very god condition same with the rods so I got a bargain for 40 pounds!! How much does it cost for balancing etc and what kind of places do this??

late 2003 172cup
phase 1 fuel rail, pump and return line

Make sure you take this advice, I changed mine to this and now i have no surge issues and can run under half tank. Fitted a walbro just to be safe.

I bought a 1.4 sender, and fitted walbro.
The return puts fuel back into the bottom of standard swirl pot.
955cfc51110902a05d7b50c2b32e1060.jpg

88581a18687553baf27c4c771ac56c8e.jpg

clio 182
My clio is 270hp running meg pistons but with the gt2560r, i think the rods are the same? Im running a boost controller too, the best person to ask would be @Andyrg@ ClioTurbo, he built mine, 270hp in these is so much fun!

You got any pics and vids of your build mate? You got instagram ?

Sweet what boost controller did u use and psi?