ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pure Motorsport Stud kit.

Yes I have it on mine it's very good, I can't imagine how many times the wheels have been off mine last year but it must be in the hundreds and they have been no issue what so ever. They don't seem to have any issues being torqued when hot where the cheaper studs seem to expand so you tighten them but then when cool they are over tight and can break.

Buy them and you won't be disappointed :)

Lionel Richie
we use turner motorsport (USA) studs for BMW's on the clios (same thread etc) they're identical to PMS ones

182cup & 172 racecar
Not these
trans.png
trans.png
trans.png
http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/wheel-tyre-accessories/grayston-conversion-stud

These

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motor...sories/a-i-tech-double-thread-conversion-stud

Last edited:
  Cup In bits
we use turner motorsport (USA) studs for BMW's on the clios (same thread etc) they're identical to PMS ones

Where do you buy from Fred as they are the same price as PMS delivered and you will probably get stung with customs tax as well?

pure-motorsport

ClioSport Trader
  Clio 172
I am slightly biased but the allen key head in our studs does make it easier to fit them and why not support a small company?!
In stock and ready for next day delivery by the way!

Fred: they're not Turner studs but very similar.

Lionel Richie
I am slightly biased but the allen key head in our studs does make it easier to fit them and why not support a small company?!
In stock and ready for next day delivery by the way!

Fred: they're not Turner studs but very similar.

must be same supplier or something as they too come with the allen key head, anyway, sod the americans, buy from Nick @ Pure motorsport!

Oh sweet thanks for that

Getting 15mm behind-hub spacers on the rear from Ed with -1 camber, then H&R hub centric 15mm on the front

Tony - you can't get 15mm bolt-to-hub spacers, there's not enough meat in them for the wheel bolts to go into

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Oh sweet thanks for that

Getting 15mm behind-hub spacers on the rear from Ed with -1 camber, then H&R hub centric 15mm on the front

Tony - you can't get 15mm bolt-to-hub spacers, there's not enough meat in them for the wheel bolts to go into

any reason for not just going to 20mm i you have gone as far as 15mm on the back anyway? They normally seem to like a bit more on the front than the back.

Just added complexity, more things to go wrong etc...

My OCD feels comfier with a 15mm hubcentric spacer and some very good quality studs with nuts than it does having spacers bolted to hubs and then wheels bolted to spacers... dunno why

Also as James has run the same setup on his all last year I know it's tested, whereas the people machining bolt to hub spacers up on here in 20mm, I don't know the quality and I don't want one stripping on track

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Fair enough mate, there are certainly some VERY poor quality bolt on spacers out there so I can understand you wanting to do it that way.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
We've raced with 25mm bolt on spacers for 3yrs now. Just saying.

If you use the same quality of fasteners then its actually SAFER with 25mm bolt on ones like yours than with 15mm slide over ones from the point of view of the bolts coming loose or fatigueing, as the amount of exposed thread to stretch is far smaller, you end up with about 8mm of thread twice, rather than 23mm of thread once, so I firmly believe that when using a decent quality product the bolt on are the better option.

Just ordered at set of these.

Quick question in regards to fitting though. When you're screwing them in to the hub, is it possible to over-tighten/screw them in to far in to the hub?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just ordered at set of these.

Quick question in regards to fitting though. When you're screwing them in to the hub, is it possible to over-tighten/screw them in to far in to the hub?

Not really mate, they have a shoulder which stops them at the appropriate point. You'd bend the allen key or round it off before you broke the stud like that!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It is REALLY simple.

Remove wheel.
Put some stud lock on the thread of a stud (the bit going into the hub behind the shoulder).
Wind it in using allen key.
Repeat 3 more times for the other studs.
Put wheel on, do nuts up.
Then same on the other 3 wheels.