ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Push button start cars (r26/r27 etc) how does the code reader connect

Cro

Meg'd r27
How do they connect if you can't turn the engine to ign without turning the car on, or can you?
Anyone with one know how to get them to connect?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Its got keyless entry and start so they key only really has a holding slot but doesnt plug in or anything.

I know ditz put one in his but it still uses the key to turn to ign so that would be fine. Its the ones with cards that dont need plugged in thats baffling me

BMW M5 & E36
Foot's needed on either the brake or clutch to start the car, so press the button with no feet on pedals just for ignition.

Ah I misunderstood the question, I thought you were asking how to wire one up to your car. Are you asking how to turn the ignition on in keyless cars without turning the engine on?

If you are, you just get in and push start with putting your foot on the brake or clutch, that switches the ignition on. Won't start without your foot on the brake or clutch.

I'm sure even on keyless entry ones if you put the card in the slot it brings on the ignition.

In my dads Laguna, you put the card in the slot to bring on the ignition then press start to start the engine.
But in my pals megane, he has the keyless start so can just press start aslong as the key is in his pocket, but you can also use the key the same way as my dads laguna

Clio 197
If you push the start button without the clutch or break it is the same as turning the key 1 click on a normal car. It wont turn on the ignition, just accessories like radio etc. To manually turn the ignition on you gotta put the card in and hold down the button.