ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Put the Trophy on the Rolling road ......

182 Trophy
IMG_8518thumb.jpg

IMG_8517thumb.jpg

IMG_8515thumb.jpg

KX7G2810thumb.jpg

And the results - ---- Drummmrolll pleasee

P1060714.jpg

Very pleased with the results
:biggrinda

182 Trophy
About right i think ! Defently not a problem on the road its known as one of the faster "standard" clios. My mates pulsar is 250 BHP and runs about 150 at the wheels ... now thats loss :p

And yes it is for sale :)

182 Trophy
It does have a ktec remap and miltek system ! As far as im aware renault were allways a bit "optmistic" with the BHP figures so the mods and the fact its running spot on make sense.....

C32 AMG Estate
Only said it cos Ive just had my Meg Trophy on the rollers (mapped) and was 260hp at the fly and just shy of 220hp at the wheels, and 275ft lb. Just assumed the losses would be about the same in FWD ! Obviously 4WD is a completley different story ! Where were the rollers? Mine went on a set of Dyno Dynamics at Surrey Rolling Roads in Chertsey, great bunch there !

C32 AMG Estate
Oh and by the way, good luck with the sale! That should shift fairly quick I'd have thought ! What are you gonna get next?

182 Trophy
Only said it cos Ive just had my Meg Trophy on the rollers (mapped) and was 260hp at the fly and just shy of 220hp at the wheels, and 275ft lb. Just assumed the losses would be about the same in FWD ! Obviously 4WD is a completley different story ! Where were the rollers? Mine went on a set of Dyno Dynamics at Surrey Rolling Roads in Chertsey, great bunch there !

Hi Mate

It went to powerstation in tewksbury, great bunch of guys there had a really good day. There was a 530 BHP mustang running an M5 St220's a tuscan. Was great to have loads of diffrent cars.

I think FWD is about a 25% loss but im not sure on that also its an estimate i think. Ive been to SURREY rolling road with my racing puma, is that on the army bit >?

182 Trophy
Oh and by the way, good luck with the sale! That should shift fairly quick I'd have thought ! What are you gonna get next?

Thanks mate, a few people are intrested but it appears there all trying to sell there own cars. Im going to get a VX220 Turbo :)

Canne wait :cool:

Writen off dci 100
my 172 cup was running 189 at the fly and 155 at the wheels

thats with a busted exhaust and std filter and a few mods lol but 56 bhp seems a canny big loss

id still swap though ;)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
How much loss? Hell theres something up there surely.

FWD losses are usuall 16-19%

Since ATW is the only ture measurement i'd be worried.

ST
How much loss? Hell theres something up there surely.

FWD losses are usuall 16-19%

Since ATW is the only ture measurement i'd be worried.

Indeed...i'd get it booked into reno to make sure its not one of those 'special' 15 valve editions..

As Waitey says, atw measurement is the only true one. They have no accurate way of measuring flywheel and just introduce a percentage loss to give you an estimate flywheel power.

Unless they have removed your engine and measured flywheel power, of course?

I'd be disappointed at 125 bhp @ wheels to be quite frank, nothing special. Even if you allow a 25% loss (and that is quite high for front wheel drive, with a decent clutch and drivetrain, it's more like 15-18%) that equates to 165 bhp @ fly!

172 Race Car
My 172 had 117bhp @ the wheels back in March.

Turned out the cambelt had been changed WITHOUT using the locking tools and it was a bit out. After id done it the difference was very noticable. will find out on the 23rd what its at now. Wont get a true figure as ive done other mods since

ITB'd 182...
rr results is all pub talk banter anyway.

if the car goes well on the road who cares

172 Race Car
Your avatar does.

Surely if u can compare results on the same day and same rollers with similar cars then thats a good thing?

the cs day i went to in march helped me to find the problem with mine

ITB'd MK1
I'd be disappointed at 125 bhp @ wheels to be quite frank, nothing special. Even if you allow a 25% loss (and that is quite high for front wheel drive, with a decent clutch and drivetrain, it's more like 15-18%) that equates to 165 bhp @ fly!

Got to agree TBH, Think you're down on power. Should expect 165-170ish from a standard 182 on non optomistic rollers which is about 140-145 at the wheels

ITB'd 182...
Your avatar does.

Surely if u can compare results on the same day and same rollers with similar cars then thats a good thing?

the cs day i went to in march helped me to find the problem with mine

joke between friends

as said, it's a quirk of MAHA rollers. i don't understand how they work it (i'm sure P'station would happily explain as they must get asked a lot) but they do tend to record lower ATW figures than others - although the correction to fly figures generally seem about right. don't think you've necessarily a problem with the car

182 Trophy
Im happy :) The car flys and has no problem keeping up with mates 182s etc .....

If i felt it was slower it would be straight into renault :)

Cheers Guys

182 Trophy
After digging around henry is bang on the money, the MAHA rollers are known for it :) So its no problem

Cheers